That DAmn Mtv Icon shat!

I`m sorry, but I have to join the haters in the club. I catched almost the whole thing yesterday, and was a horrified witness to one of the worst atrocities ever commited to the world of metal and a collection of songs that have a special place in my heart.

First of all, the whole show lacked attitude. Most of the guys/gals who were introducing the show were so fake and overblown that I cringed when they tried to look and act like they probably thought metal fans did. Throughout the whole thing, I got this embarassing feeling that I might just have been watching an Avril Lavigne tribute, and it wouldn`t have made any difference. But what more can you expect when the most blunt and shitty music channel on the face of the earth tries to make a 'tribute' to a heavy metal band.

The performances were....CRAP. I had high hopes that the nu-metal guys would make up for their bad reputations and show that they actually could play stuff. Boy was I wrong. I did not catch Sum 41s performance, but I can safely say that almost all artists had me cringing in disgust. Avril Lavigne was like I expected her to be: weak, off-key and a piss-poor front-woman. She sounded like she was struggling with getting each and every one of the notes out of her throat. Embarassing. Korn was amusing, much because the band seemed to be concentrating so hard on playing their parts right, even though most of them are pretty easy. Jonathan Davies was completely off, but sounded great during the "darkness, imprisoning me" part. Speaking of that part, their drummer can`t double-bass worth shit. Those triplets were completely off...

Staind were okay, I guess. Their singer was clean for the most part, though he should have taken some guitar lessons before he went on stage. Snoop Dogg was TERRIBLE. I was embarassed to see that talentless fuck do one of my favourite Metallica songs. I eventually had to switch channel due to my ears` loud protesting. I can safely say that I have never gotten my ears assfucked more than this. The person responsible for him getting on stage should die.

The most surprising performance came from Limp Bizkit, whom I thought had the best performance of the night. They were actually pretty tight, and even though Fred Durst can`t sing well, I grudgingly admit that he`s a pretty good frontman. He got the crowd going and seemed to have a lot of energy. Almost makes me wanna pick up my Limp Bizkit records again...ALMOST.

In sum though, the show was crap. It was sad to see Metallica feign interest and smile apathically at the mangling of their songs MTV managed to put on stage...

Now about the band Limp Bizkit.. They're not even worthy of us giving them the time for any comment or thought. Let's never mention that band on here, ever again.