that lovely ringing in my ears

luke

Messianic Subliminal Mind
May 2, 2001
Soapland
Visit site
Fuck did I see a concert on Sunday!
Church of Misery - local stoner/doom band (imagine a slightly faster version of Sleep) which was an unexpected surprise. Worth checking out...

Mastodon - fuck me dead, there was lots of talk on the board about these guys a while ago, and now I understand why. They had a few setbacks with gear as it`s their first overseas gig, but their music is the shit!

Darkane - my neck still hurts...

High on Fire - never heard of them, and couldn:t figure out why they were headlining... but it was a good show, HUGE stage presence. Unique picking technique, still can:t figure out how all those notes were coming out, unless Darkane really buggered my ears.

The only downside was the few american servicemen who showed up with obviously no interest in the music and were only there to destroy. Had a good chat with the guys from Mastodon and Darkane after the show, they seemed pretty dazed by their first experience in Japan.

Next week it:s the Hypocrisy/Fleshcrawl gig. Anybody know anything about Fleshcrawl?

I f'n love High On Fire. Surrounded By Thieves is one of the best cds I've bought this year. As a matter of fact ...

edit: duh, I forgot: Fleshcrawl is supposedly a pretty good dm band. I couldn't describe 'em for shit, but from what I've heard, they're quality stuff. Rather, from what I've READ.