The 42147 mystery

Poison God

I am the Dog
Oct 24, 2001
New Jersey
Well I am still befuddled about what 42147 represents. I (as most of you) have tried the normal routes (Leary, drug experiment dates, dates of drug creation, etc.), but nothing has clicked. I just recently posted on the MegadetH boards looking for some more clues. Any updates here?

L8rs,
Sherlock Poison God
DavE

Originally posted by Poison God
Well I am still befuddled about what 42147 represents. I (as most of you) have tried the normal routes (Leary, drug experiment dates, dates of drug creation, etc.), but nothing has clicked. I just recently posted on the MegadetH boards looking for some more clues. Any updates here?

L8rs,
Sherlock Poison God
DavE
You may ask WD. It is a kinda old mystery, I guess we deserve the clue!! :)

Originally posted by Neverlady

You may ask WD. It is a kinda old mystery, I guess we deserve the clue!! :)

Yeah, we have already went that route on various occassions. WD either replies cryptically or states nothing. He is totally getting a kick out of it ;)

I wonder if it is a personal date or some sort of serial number or drug application patent number. In any event, I'll hunt for more clues after I am complete with law school finals. L8rs, DavE

Well, according to the FAQ on the Nevermore website, 42147 IS a date. That's all the info the site gives, though. So, in the American dating system that's April 21, 1947. The only significant thing I've found about that date, though is that it's Iggy Pop's birthday.:loco:

I've found out that a psychiatrist and LSD researcher named Walter Stoll published a paper about the effects of LSD in 1947, but the date isn't given. The lyrics to 42147 sound like a person's description of their first acid trip. Hmmmm...

did anyone of you ever thought about going to an newspaper-archieve? due to WWII we don't have many archieves that go back so long. i don't think that anything could be found there but it is a possibility.
it is a date. and it really seems like it has something to do. but it could also be iggy pops mother who asks "what have i created". maybe mr. pop is a genetical-experiment!

Assuming it is about LSD, and that it's a date having something to do with the "early days" of the drug, perhaps it is the date of the first official experiment with LSD. As far as I know, it was isolated in 1943, but it was extremely obscure until later.

with screemqueen. I think the guy tripped his balls off that day...

On another note ppl, my name here with that # is just that. To me, 42147 is a fucking kick ass song, thus I added it to my name. It helps in not getting me confused with all the other jody's with y's ya know.

I don't trip....SURPRISE!!!!

:p

According to what I've read, LSD was discovered in 1938, and Hofmann experimented on himself with the drug in 1943. He ingested 250 micrograms, believing that to be a safe amount, in fact, it's a huge dose and he tripped for more than 6 hours.

yep, he had actually tasted a smaller dose 3 days before accidentally, then he waited and tried a larger dose (that is the 250 mg) pretty good amount. I am sure hofmann was in for a ride... I will stand by what I have always said about 42147, I don't know... but I think it is a combination date... until Warrel sheds light on it I am Lost

In one of the interviews on the Nevermore site Dane stated that only one person found out the connotation of 42147 yet.

And if I remember correctly, he stated that it indeed is the date of the first LSD experiment (or something like that).

Read the interviews and maybe you'll find it...

A.

i really think this has something to do with the CIA and project CHATTER...

or perhaps the national security act of 1947, which in turn allowed for mind control experiments by the government...

Originally posted by Unregistered
In one of the interviews on the Nevermore site Dane stated that only one person found out the connotation of 42147 yet.

And if I remember correctly, he stated that it indeed is the date of the first LSD experiment (or something like that).

Read the interviews and maybe you'll find it...

A.
Yup, I gotta agree on this. I too read an interview - maybe the same one - stating this aobut the first LSD experiment. Anyways Warrel knows it from some source so it must be able to be found somewhere.... :err:

this is from Albert Hoffmanns LSD - Mein Sorgenkind, his autobiography concerning LSD :

Im Frühjahr 1943 wiederholte ich also die Synthese von LSD-25. Es
handelte sich — wie schon bei der ersten Herstellung — nur um eine
Gewinnung von einigen Zehntelgramm dieser Verbindung.
In der Schlußphase der Synthese, bei der Reinigung und
Kristallisation des Lysergsäure-diäthylamids in Form des Tartrates
(weinsaures Salz) wurde ich in meiner Arbeit durch ungewöhnliche
Empfindungen gestört. Ich entnehme die Schilderung dieses Zwischenfalls dem Bericht, den ich
damals an Professor Stoll sandte:
"Vergangenen Freitag, 16. April 1943, mußte ich mitten am
Nachmittag meine Arbeit im Laboratorium unterbrechen und mich
nach Hause begeben, da ich von einer merkwürdigen Unruhe,
verbunden mit einem leichten Schwindelgefühl, befallen wurde...

this says that Hoffmann's first contact with the psychoactive effects of LSD were on April 16 1943, so this one is out.

It furthers says that in 1947 the first testings of LSD on humans were published in switzerland.

that's about all I can find in that book, does anybody know when timothy leary's first lsd trip was ?