The 42147 mystery

Originally posted by TexasFriedCriminal
that's about all I can find in that book, does anybody know when timothy leary's first lsd trip was ?

I don't recall exactly, but it wasn't in 1947 (or on the exact date in question), I remember that much.

DavE

As a footnote:

Hey, TexasFriedChicken!
Great Devin Townsend/Physicist logo!

Doesn't Devin write new material together (!!) with Gene Hoglan?
Material in the good old S.Y.L. vein? Can't wait!

i first tripped when i was 13 and then started reading about it. hoffman was trying to create a circulatory stimulant for people wuith clogged arteries. the first dose sat on the shelf for 3 years before he decided to go back and re-analyze it. he accidentally absorbed some through his skin
and freaked out. when he figured out what it was he conducted a controlled experiment which he chronicled in detail. he's actually still alive last i heard, he's pushin' 100 by now. it actually does stimulate bloodflow as well as bridge the microscopic spaces (synapses) between the brain cells(neurons) though which the electrical impulses (which are in essecnce your thoughts) flow. it also molecularly emulates seratonin. it's
a pretty fascinating drug. but as with any substance
the newtonian principle applies: to every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

I'm probably overthinking the numbers, but after searching high and low, doing date calculations and the like, I found a few things that seem unlikely and a couple that didn't sound too off base. I've sent e-mail to the band asking, but...we all know how much Warrell enjoys the guessing games...

The permutations I did were those such as April 21, 1947, July 14, 1942, a couple of Julian calendar transforms and the like. The one that seemed the most likely, to me -- especially with the rhythmic, mechanical throbbing during the middle and the end of the song -- was the Philadelphia Experiment.

The exact date I found (which I can't remember, now) coincided precisely with the death of a marine stationed on the battleship which supposedly transported successfully. If you've watched the movie, then you know why -- based on the date and sounds in the song, along with lyrical content ("spiraling in constant flux," "I take this fateful ride," etc.) -- I think this. The literature and conspiracy theory sites have many, many dates AROUND this time, but I only found a couple that matched closely enough to not be completely wrong.

I could be completely a) overthinking this and b) off my rocker, but, hey, when most of other date matches revolve around Iggy Pop, a high school in Mississippi getting an injunction for racial equity and a few wacky deaths here and there, this seemed a little more reasonable.

Any thoughts? (Other than, "You're nuts!" 'cause I already know that...)

Out,

Phil

If that's what the song means to you, then keep it that way. It doesn't matter what WD wrote the lyrics about, they are meant to make you think.

...Things are not always as they seem, and some things are not always as they were intended.

Your a damn good thinker, so welcome aboard.

Originally posted by Kon16ov
I'm probably overthinking the numbers, but after searching high and low, doing date calculations and the like, I found a few things that seem unlikely and a couple that didn't sound too off base. I've sent e-mail to the band asking, but...we all know how much Warrell enjoys the guessing games...

The permutations I did were those such as April 21, 1947, July 14, 1942, a couple of Julian calendar transforms and the like. The one that seemed the most likely, to me -- especially with the rhythmic, mechanical throbbing during the middle and the end of the song -- was the Philadelphia Experiment.

The exact date I found (which I can't remember, now) coincided precisely with the death of a marine stationed on the battleship which supposedly transported successfully. If you've watched the movie, then you know why -- based on the date and sounds in the song, along with lyrical content ("spiraling in constant flux," "I take this fateful ride," etc.) -- I think this. The literature and conspiracy theory sites have many, many dates AROUND this time, but I only found a couple that matched closely enough to not be completely wrong.

I could be completely a) overthinking this and b) off my rocker, but, hey, when most of other date matches revolve around Iggy Pop, a high school in Mississippi getting an injunction for racial equity and a few wacky deaths here and there, this seemed a little more reasonable.

Any thoughts? (Other than, "You're nuts!" 'cause I already know that...)

Out,

Phil

That seems like one of the most plausible explanations I have heard! That is excellent research and you are to be commended.

DavE

OK, I know this probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but just as an interesting tid bit, April 21, 1847 was the day that the Donner party arrived at Fort Sutter, after eating several of their own guys and an indian!!!!!!!!!!He he he.

This was posted on my Nevermore thread on the Deth boards:

I was looking at the date 4/21/47 and thought to myself, hey the government lets you smoke weed on 4/20 (correct me if im wrong since i dont do it, this is just what i have heard), and in the song the last lyrics i believer are "the experiment is over." Now, maybe someone was tested with some type of drug on 4/20/47 and something wierd happened to him the day after, 4/21. *REMEMBER THIS IS EXTREMELY FAR FETCHED AND OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD!
-----------------------------------------------------

Well I think the 4/20 and 4/21 idea is interesting. Comments?

DavE

Hello all.
I am a flag-waving American citizen who somehow landed in the Middle East and I am looking for a way out. :(
(its a long story with lots of sordid details: cheating spouse, dysfunctional inlaws, deceipt and underhandedness...it might make a very interesting movie. :)
Anyway, hello to everyone and I look forward to sharing my international experiences with all of you in the coming months.