The "A Night To Remember" sound question

SickBoy

Croatian Panzer division
Apr 9, 2004
Split, Croatia, Europe
www.myspace.com
As all of the fans gathering here, I too think that this DVD is one of the best I've seen. The atmosphere on the concert is awesome and it's a great bang for the buck, concerning the amount of content on the discs.

However, I'm keen to know why the band went for such a reverberated sound... I suppose it's the natural venue (the theater) reverb, but I feel it somewhat muddies the sound and drowns the guitars a bit. I'm really interested in what made the band produce the soundtrack this way, as I somehow feel the sound would have more punch and clarity with a bit less reverb... Tom? :)

Good question. I asked myself the same. Hence I like it though, but the first listening was a deception. Now I don't know if I would have liked to change it :=)

SickBoy said:
As all of the fans gathering here, I too think that this DVD is one of the best I've seen. The atmosphere on the concert is awesome and it's a great bang for the buck, concerning the amount of content on the discs.

However, I'm keen to know why the band went for such a reverberated sound... I suppose it's the natural venue (the theater) reverb, but I feel it somewhat muddies the sound and drowns the guitars a bit. I'm really interested in what made the band produce the soundtrack this way, as I somehow feel the sound would have more punch and clarity with a bit less reverb... Tom? :)

GREAT QUESTION!!! Havent viewed it in a while, but that was something that caught my ear right away and i completely forgot to ask about it...