The Absence

plague_rider

Coffee
Nov 13, 2008
Newcastle
Some of you may have heard this band, The Absence (I know Mr Murphy has)

I'm a big fan since I heard ther second album a few years ago

just thought i'd post a link of the cab and amp photos from their current studio sessions for the next album

Studio pics

I urge those interested to check em out :kickass::kickass::kickass:

I never really liked them as a band, but the guys in the band have always been friendly. I know one of them posts on HC all the time. They have a forum here on UM, in case you didn't know.

god damn, I would kill for those Suhrs...
Heard them the first time and realizing them, sounds like a mix of Arch Enemy and Arsis to me.
Cool stuff, but I couldn't listen to it all the time.

I saw these guys live and picked up their album. Forget which one, all I really remember from it is some very precise whammy work, which i'm a big fan of. (Can't stand whammy "wanking")

I fucking love The Absence. Riders of the Plague is an awesome album, both in songwriting and production.

Some of you may have heard this band, The Absence (I know Mr Murphy has)

I'm a big fan since I heard ther second album a few years ago

just thought i'd post a link of the cab and amp photos from their current studio sessions for the next album

Studio pics

I urge those interested to check em out :kickass::kickass::kickass:

The Absence are right up there with my favorites of melodeath - can't wait to hear more from them. 'From Your Grave" and "Riders of the Plague" gets played at least once a week - many times more than that.

They also have a studio diary up for the new disc 'Enemy Unbound' on their MySpace page:

Diary 1

Diary 2

I'm the same with Riders, it gets played at least once a week... one of the albums on my ipod i'll just listen to from start to finish...