The Absolute Beginner’s Roadmap to a Successful Home Studio

gay-man-vs-faggot_fb_830534.jpg

Guys, I am not homophobic, but I am not exactly "professional". I word this blog how I talk in pretty much any conversation. I cuss A LOT, I don't take myself seriously, and I am not "politically correct". I honestly don't see how you can record bands full time an NOT cuss like a sailor. Band dudes have some of the most fucked up vocabularies of any other group on this earth.

I am, however, honest about myself and I don't hide how I am just to appear to be more "professional". I want this blog to be fairly entertaining for my typical reader, and unfortunately that will not be liked by everyone. If it bothers you, I understand. There are plenty of other "clean" blogs to read out there.

While I may be immature, I can assure you that I will never make a fake account on here to "talk myself up or" defend myself (for those who were part of that train wreck Bendeth thread).

For the record I didn't think for one second you were homophobic. Just saying that while I use certain language (but not that word) in non-serious contexts and completely understand that the meaning and context are what matter - not the word itself - it just came across as unprofessional and immature. That doesn't mean that you are either of those things though. If you don't care, then cool. I'm not gonna harp on your for it if you don't care about it, you just asked for feedback and that was part of it.

How the word was used hundreds of years ago is of no relevance, 9 out of 10 times the word is used today it's in a homophobic manner.

With all your respect, are you gay ? I'd think it strikes a nerve if you're gay because of the word, even if used in a context that makes abstraction of the gay people. It's easy to be taken out of context when you're been read off the internet instead of face to face too.. especially here from my experience lawl.

With all your respect, are you gay ? I'd think it strikes a nerve if you're gay because of the word, even if used in a context that makes abstraction of the gay people. It's easy to be taken out of context when you're been read off the internet instead of face to face too.. especially here from my experience lawl.

You don't need to be gay to be offended by the word.

You don't need to be black to be offended by people using the n-word either. It's about what words you think are okay to say and what words aren't okay, regardless of how someone may have meant it. If people started using one of your traits as an insult and saying "Oh no, it has nothing to do with you, it means something else" that doesn't mean you won't still be a tiny bit hurt by it because of where the word came from or what it means to you.

You can't tell people that they're wrong for being offended or finding it unprofessional, you know? The way people feel is the way people feel. You may disagree with their feelings but you can still try and be respectful of that (not saying anyone in this thread was disrespectful in the least).

Again, not harping on the Brian about this because he can do what he wants, he's an adult, the topic only came up because he asked for feedback and not because anyone is trying to attack the guy and say he's homophobic or a bad person in general. I'm sure you're a cool guy, man.

I felt the same reading "Faggotry" in the blog post. For me it's no different than if you said you don't work with my pals. Pretty fucking rude, unprofessional and offensive.
Same goes for jokes about suicide in case you plan on going there in your next blog post.

I felt the same reading "Faggotry" in the blog post. For me it's no different than if you said you don't work with my pals. Pretty fucking rude, unprofessional and offensive.
Same goes for jokes about suicide in case you plan on going there in your next blog post.

I read that sentence and thought it was pretty funny ^^ I don't think he wrote that to offend any homosexual, people use the word "faggot" without associating to gay people these days. And its not like he's some type of politician that needs to be a professional all the time, he's after all just a music producer.

I don't think you need to be gay in order to feel offended by the word, in fact I think that is a little narrow minded to say so. I use a lot of offensive language and some of my friends say worse things out of comedy; that being said, the internet is not your living-room and although I have no issue with cussing, using slang with such a negative connotation to a group of people who are still trying to obtain equal legal representation is not wise and alienates people who otherwise would love the content.

The blog is great, I just don't think all words are created equal.

Or maybe you guys just don't have a sense of humor.

Or maybe we are adults and try to be respectful to other people. It's a privilege to work in this industry, we want to keep feeding our families and doing the job we love forever. Piss people off and you won't be working much.

I don't know anything about you but I have to assume from your attitude that you do not support a family from your work in audio.

Or maybe we are adults and try to be respectful to other people. It's a privilege to work in this industry, we want to keep feeding our families and doing the job we love forever. Piss people off and you won't be working much.

I don't know anything about you but I have to assume from your attitude that you do not support a family from your work in audio.

You don't get it, nobody is really disrespecting any group of people, just stupidity. If someone said that he won't be working with my pals then that's another story.

I don't work in audio.

btw the word faggot is a pejorative term for gay people but that doesn't mean whoever uses it is disrespecting them, it's just making fun of them. It's not the same. I know plenty of guys who use the word on a daily basis and are pro gay marriage and get along with gays. Just saying. It does make you look immature, but honestly who cares? It's not like the music industry is filled with the most mature people, especially metal.

Please excuse my misspelling of conquering. I'm saying that once a point has been made it is it not a bit backwards to beat a dead horse? can we get back on the subject that the forum is designated for? Thick skin is really a rarity now-a-days with the anonymity of the internet.

Jesus guys, the world needs to stop getting all fussy about words and worry about the intention behind the words. There is absolutely no sign of homophobia or any kind of discrimination in the context of what he wrote, he just meant that's stupid. Words are used in different ways by different people in different parts of the world, it's all about the real intention, it's like some of you couldn't take a gay joke or a black people joke or any kind of race/religion/sexual orientation specific joke cause you'd be all offended.

http://youtu.be/fHMoDt3nSHs?t=3m21s

Jesus guys, the world needs to stop getting all fussy about words and worry about the intention behind the words. There is absolutely no sign of homophobia or any kind of discrimination in the context of what he wrote, he just meant that's stupid. Words are used in different ways by different people in different parts of the world, it's all about the real intention, it's like some of you couldn't take a gay joke or a black people joke or any kind of race/religion/sexual orientation specific joke cause you'd be all offended.

http://youtu.be/fHMoDt3nSHs?t=3m21s

This.

:lol:

if the man is happy with having the word faggotry on his blog in which he's representing himself and HIS business, then by all means, I applaud him. I see nothing wrong with it (for my opinion), it made me laugh cause I completely understood the mentality behind it and the context in which he meant it to be taken and at no point did it detract from any of the extremely insightful and valid tips and points he made throughout

holy shit, some fucking people lol