the ACCEPT revival

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
I'm certain there was probably a thread started here a while back with folks debating the ACCEPT reunion minus Udo. And being a fan since 1983, I must say I was skeptical at best myself. But this interview (which I missed when it was originally posted on Blabbermouth) has really turned my thoughts around. Be sure to at least give it a fair listen. And please note the 2:18 mark when we get a sampling of what is to come.

:heh: There is hope.

and I now look very forward to hearing what else this new effort from the classic Teutonic Terrors have to offer us - those who have followed the band through thick and thin, with and without Udo, since the 80's. And with Andy Sneap at the helm... pure magic.

BRING IT!!! :kickass:

i was TOTALLY hopeful for this because of what a huge TT Quick and Accept fan i am, but Mark's voice just doesn't have the balls it used to anymore. however, i completely support them still even if i am not a converted fan so far, but we all know what kind of magic Sneap can work. so i keep fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to this cd big time. I love the old Accept vibe....Wolf Hoffman writes some kick-ass stuff. TT Quick is one of my all-time faves, so hearing Tornillo with Accept has me excited. Andy Sneap does a great job producing, so I'm sure this cd will sound fantastic. It should be a keeper (well.....in theory, at least!)!

I will get blasted for this I'm sure. I've NEVER gotten Accept. I've tried numerous times, but I just don't get it. Most of it is probably due to UDO's vocals though. I just can't stand them as it's like nails on the chalkboard for me. With that being said, I sort of dug the music on a couple of the Accept songs I have heard, so maybe with this new singer I'll like it.

I will get blasted for this I'm sure. I've NEVER gotten Accept. I've tried numerous times, but I just don't get it. Most of it is probably due to UDO's vocals though. I just can't stand them as it's like nails on the chalkboard for me. With that being said, I sort of dug the music on a couple of the Accept songs I have heard, so maybe with this new singer I'll like it.

Errrr....probably not. As much as I dig Mark Tornillo, his voice can peel paint off the wall! If you hate Udo, I can't see you liking Marks vocals. But, you never know......?

no blasting from me. :p There are plenty of bands out there that I don't like for one reason or another - and plenty of times it's because of whoever is singing.

I know Udo's voice is the main point of contention with this band, but I happen to like it. I loved the song Balls to the Wall from the moment it hit the airwaves on 96Rock in Atlanta in the fall of 1983. So it was a metal love affair from that point forward for me. :)

:headbang:

Go listen to RESTLESS AND WILD. If you don't like that album, then you probably don't like true metal....PERIOD.

I think the problem is most people immediately reach for BALLS TO THE WALL when first checking out ACCEPT.

That would be as erroneous as first checking out TWISTED SISTER with STAY HUNGRY.
Good album, but not the best place to start if you want to hear what the band is truly capable of.

Just my opinion.

For me personally, I can't say I am terribly excited for ACCEPT minus UDO.

Go listen to RESTLESS AND WILD. If you don't like that album, then you probably don't like true metal....PERIOD.

I think the problem is most people immediately reach for BALLS TO THE WALL when first checking out ACCEPT.

That would be as erroneous as first checking out TWISTED SISTER with STAY HUNGRY.
Good album, but not the best place to start if you want to hear what the band is truly capable of.

Just my opinion.

For me personally, I can't say I am terribly excited for ACCEPT minus UDO.

I'll check out Restless and Wild, because honestly, I've always passed over this band. As for Twisted Sister, I'm a huge fan. I think they get a bad rap, due to being placed in the same category as Ratt and Poison, to no fault of their own. My favorite TS album is, You Can't Stop Rock N Roll with Under The Blade being close behind. Come Out And Play is their worst effort in my opinion.

~Brian~

I'll check out Restless and Wild, because honestly, I've always passed over this band. As for Twisted Sister, I'm a huge fan. I think they get a bad rap, due to being placed in the same category as Ratt and Poison, to no fault of their own. My favorite TS album is, You Can't Stop Rock N Roll with Under The Blade being close behind. Come Out And Play is their worst effort in my opinion.

~Brian~

Yeah, but the song Come Out And Play is killer!! :headbang:

It's a shame that so many commercial metal bands have the one breakthrough album, though the best songs on the album go unnoticed by the mainstream. Metallica's black album is a prime example.

i was TOTALLY hopeful for this because of what a huge TT Quick and Accept fan i am, but Mark's voice just doesn't have the balls it used to anymore. however, i completely support them still even if i am not a converted fan so far, but we all know what kind of magic Sneap can work. so i keep fingers crossed.
Well I agree with you in some part, being a huge fan of TT Quick and Accept, but I saw Mark sing not so long ago and I was amazed and relieved to see he had all the balls, as far as I was concerned. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Leave it to Matt to start talking about balls. But I guess when Accept comes up it just happens.
Inever found it that one loved or hated Accept. The band was just always there, excepted and respected. And 'Restless and Wild' is a classic.:headbang:

mëtålspëd;8822519 said:
The 'Balls' cover that was released a few months back did not sway me, but that clip Claus just posted up..... fuck yeah.

THIS!

Sneap is going to work his magic naturally and the vocals won't sound bad, like they don't in that clip. but the cover song was more true to what i think mark sounds like without Sneap's magic wand.

I wish it was U.D.O. singing with Accept - he will always be the voice of Accept but I am looking forward to this release. I loved the Accept CD with David Reece on vocals so I'm sure I will like this one with Mark Tornillo as well. Can't wait

"Fast as a Shark" - that is all....

^ This

Mark sounds good...I'm a TT Quick fan from way back. But, Udo is the tank that Accept rode in on. Listening to Restless and Wild concretes that fact. Not sure this new version of Accept will make any new ground...or hold onto the old ground. It will be an interesting listen.