The Annual Best of the Year Thread - 2013

One of the best, most interesting threads ive ever read was on the Opeth forum. Check out "Are Any of the Opeth Members Satanists?"

Very interesting, AND Kenneth was in it... :cool:

Yeah, i too wish it was still, around. I never got to post in it. :erk:

We need more people to join this forum.

Some amazing 2013 albums, for anyone interested:

Alessandro Bertoni - Keystone
Virgil Donati - In This Life
Levin Minnemann Ruddess - LMR

Another 2013 album that's really good is Niacin's Krush.

It's Hammond organ trio jazz fusion, but really heavy, and leaning far to the hard rock and blues side of things. Impeccable playing, and the bass is really distinctive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a pretty old SYX forumer, but I recessed multiple times, and forgot my nick or password, and joined with new ones. This forum was graet 8 years ago or so.

Yeah, this really was a happening place 10 years ago...

SyX were still making "amazing" albums instead of "so so " ones, people weren't split between older/newer SyX, interesting topics pertaining to SyX and other things as well, and Jax even posted quite frequently..(not to fault Jax for anything as I understand she is busy with life things and this place isn't anything like it once was).

BTW, what ever happened to JDubbs? Wasn't he like a moderator under Jax or something?

Yeah, this really was a happening place 10 years ago...

SyX were still making "amazing" albums instead of "so so " ones, people weren't split between older/newer SyX, interesting topics pertaining to SyX and other things as well, and Jax even posted quite frequently..(not to fault Jax for anything as I understand she is busy with life things and this place isn't anything like it once was).

BTW, what ever happened to JDubbs? Wasn't he like a moderator under Jax or something?

I don't know whether they are both actively moderating the forum, but J Dubya and Jax are still moderators here i think. Maybe as the new album approaches, we'll see them writing here again. :)