The Annual "What are you going to buy" thread

We just go up to Ken's table, ask he what's new that we need, he points out a bunch of CDs, a pile is gathered, and our credit card company is very happy. This is the sort of shopping I really enjoy.

I'll also pick up some shirts. Would really like a Pagan's Mind and a Freak Kitchen one.

dt

The only thing I've got in mind so far in Vision Divine's latest...however I'm looking to expand my collection a little while I'm there, since they're so much cheaper than online. I was at PP7 last year, but I don't know a whole lot of PP style bands other than last year and this year...I'm looking for some talented, yet catchy bands that aren't too hard to get into. Nothing super noodly like Spheric Universe (who I do like BTW, just not what I'm looking for at the moment.) Some bands I especially like from these 2 years are Vision Divine, Evergrey, Freak Kitchen, Thunderstone, and After Forever.....please give me the advice of the pros! :worship:

We just go up to Ken's table, ask he what's new that we need, he points out a bunch of CDs, a pile is gathered, and our credit card company is very happy. This is the sort of shopping I really enjoy.

Yep. It's like having a live, talking version of Ken's old printed-and-mailed Laser's Edge catalog right there to advise you.

I'll never forget his short review in the old catalog, of a Tiles CD: "Horrible Rush ripoff. Cool sticker, though." :lol:

In truth, all I really want is a few shirts that aren't black.

:lol: Ha-ha! Good luck, dude! You'll probably have about as much luck as I do when I'm looking for girlie-tees that have more than just the basic logo on the front. :lol:

I actually have a list and it's probably longer than it should be :rolleyes:, but I'm one of those folks who needs to be a little organized or I'll just spend money on stuff I've never heard of and it will sit in my room in the wrapper for several months before I listen to it. :erk: I always get so distracted by everything in the merch room, so it's best for me to have a set list of things in mind, even if I do stray from that list later on.

Anyway, my list is two pages o_O - one with just CDs on it and then a second page with DVDs, T-shirts, and patches I'm looking for.

Here's the important stuff I plan on getting:
  • Anything Doro/Warlock I can get my hand on that I don't already own. I think by now I have all the studio stuff in my collection, so I'm down to best-of's, singles, box sets, rarities/imports, DVDs, LPs, etc. (Last year someone scarfed up everything CD Inzane had, so I missed out, but since I have a Gold Badge this year I'm hoping that won't happen.)
  • My laundry list of girlie-tees from Exploding Ned :D (Thanks Mike!)
  • T shirts for at least these following bands playing this weekend: After Forever, Primal Fear, Threshold, Pagan's Mind, Freak Kitchen
  • Within Temptation – Mother Earth (CD)
  • Dream Theater – Dark Side of the Moon Live Official Bootleg (DVD)
  • Shadowside – Theatre of Shadows (CD)
  • Any metal patches I can find
:headbang:

I am for sure buying

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Primal Fear - New Religion
Circus maximus - Isolate

I might pick up these as well.

Darkside - Heard so many good things about this one that it has caught my attention

MasterPlan - MKIII

Vision Divine - The new one

I want:

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Kamelot - Ghost Opera
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Amorphis - Silent Waters
Sigh - Hangman's Hymn
Circus Maximus - Isolate

and a hoodie and girlie tees and all sorts of fun stuff.

Sonata has a reddish tye dye like shirt that I'll be wearing on Thursday. It's still black but not solid black. It's the major reason I spent the extra $10 to get that one over the tour shirt.
ACF296D.jpg

I'm not sure what I'll be buying. Probably some CDs I've been meaning to pick up, a PP shirt, an After Forever shirt (or 2), and whatever else until I run out of money.

Probably nothing now that I saw how much hotels just got jacked up....
Memo to self,don't have a friend book your room for you

Memo #2,do NOT stay in Midtown,what you will pay in cab fare will still be cheaper than hotels around here