The Arcane Order - In The Wake Of Collisions

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
Didn't know where to post this one. Please move if necessary.

This album is pure awesomness IMO and I'm wondering if anyone has any info about it?

Guitars sound undergained and like passive pu's... love it. And that snare... fuck yeah. Denmark rules, period.

I cant hear them at the moment.. but if they are following the trend like most danish metal bands then they have recorded in Hansen Studio (Love his work !) here.
I can ask one of the members from arcane order about it, if you want some information :)

Jacob Hansen did that record...
As far as I remember they used Ibanez guitars, and dual rectifiers (combined with a Marshall valvestate...8100...iirc)...

p.s.:
Besorg Dir die aktuelle Ausgabe vom Recording Magazin. Da steht drin wie Hansen die aktuelle Volbeat gemacht hat. Ausserdem findest du da viele Infos über sein Setup und Workflow.

Hey Emdprodukt just got back with some info from the guitarist.
All rhythm is RG3520Z with EMG81 & DiMarzio Evolution pick ups and lead is Ibanez j-Custom JCRG1S

The distortion is a mix of a Krank ( Krankenstein) and Marshall Valvestate.. lead was a as far as he remembers run through a 5150 with the other guitarists rack and pedals.

Hope you can use the information a bit (oh and they are recording new album now) :)

This band completely rules. Another flawless Jacob Hansen production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome band and great production, although at times it sounds like the guitars and synths are fighting for the attention. There's maybe a bit too much going on. It fits perfectly for some songs though, like Eruptions Of Red.

I didn't listen to much Strapping Young Lad but this sounds almost like a copy of what I've heard by them. I get a lot of Devin vibes listening to that.

Mix and performances are great though.

i don't see the connection to strapping young lad but that's fine.

thanks for the info williamn! guitars sound cool but aren't "WOW"... but those drums... man I love that snare. Gunshot in your face. And the lowend in the kick is amazing.