The Axis of Perdition

Jimm O)))

Oct 11, 2007
A friend recommended I check out this band. I've heard a few songs so far and like what I hear. I'm just not sure which album I should order. It's either going to be "Deleted Scenes From The Trasfer Hospital" or "The Ichneumon Method". To anyone who listens to this band: which album would you recommend?

For anyone who isn't familiar with them, they're an English progressive/experimental black metal band that blends elements of dark ambient and industrial. Check them out if it peaks your interest.

dsftth is pretty decent, but in general I find this band uninteresting except as unsubtle ambiance; it sounds like ambient noise with music grafted on, not a neat integration of ambient passages into real songs

In my opinion, "The Ichneumon Method" is their best release. It's easily one of the most intense listening experiences I've ever encountered. It's much more brutal than their later efforts. "Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital" is, like Scissors said, more ambient. It's kind of like listening to a movie or something.

In my opinion, go with "The Ichneumon Method".

In my opinion, "The Ichneumon Method" is their best release. It's easily one of the most intense listening experiences I've ever encountered. It's much more brutal than their later efforts. "Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital" is, like Scissors said, more ambient. It's kind of like listening to a movie or something.

In my opinion, go with "The Ichneumon Method".

Well, I did some looking around and it looks like it's out of print. The only thing I can find is used copies for $25 plus dollars. Right at the moment, I don't feel like spending that much for a CD. I'll get it eventually.

I did decide to order "Deleted Scenes..." and "Physical Illucinations...". Found them for a pretty good price on The End's distro.