The Beloved's Cry

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
I am listening to this song for an hour. I mean ... its one of the most PERFECT songs ever, its emotions are unbearable, how did they write such an intense song? .. UNBELIEVABLE. And then the lyrics .. omg they are so painfully beautiful and sincere.
Is there a true story behind them our beloved band members ?
And yes, when you will come to Greece you will play it .
C'mon praise the song with me. :worship:

You're right, it's one of the best songs ever! I mean, how can one put so much feeling into a song. Just fantastic!!!

It's the first OL song that i've listened to and still my heart and soul has the same feeling from the first time till nowadays!!!:worship:
This is a great thread to praise and honour a really charesmatic and timeless song!!!
The beloved's cry is an eternal tear in the sea of time!!!
OL THANK YOU!!! :worship:

My blood freezes in my veins every time I listen to this masterpiece.
And Dreamcell my brother that was a very good description, thank you for that...

UnConscious said:
My blood freezes in my veins every time I listen to this masterpiece.
And Dreamcell my brother that was a very good description, thank you for that...

Brother Muhip when comes to this song no word can describe the language of heart and soul...

Indeed. Words can never describe the feelings completely that's what I also think but still that was a good description you made. I know that what you feel is much more beyond those words but that doesn't make it bad.
Hmm again I couldn't finish my sentences the way I want :err: But I guess you got the point :)

indeed my friends, this is an amazing song, that really hits me at the right spot. It unleashes emotions within me that i cannot describe. tears, melancholy, and desperation are but a few to name.

Why did she do it, why did she die?

aaaarrrghhhh a haunting song, forever cherished in my musical mind.

thanks OL!!!

Thank you, thank you :worship:
This song really evolved from me staying a night over at Kobi's like 12-13 years ago, grabbing the classic guitar and improvising/singing into the night. And yes, you should hear the acoustic live version of this song in the Limited Edition of "Mabool". There's also a heavier version of the Beloveds Cry that we perform in our shows from time to time.