The Berserker

industrialized death/grind. they use alot of industrial elements, in a cool way. their drum triggers are fuzzed out and stuff. its pretty good stuff. i would go check out their album dissimulate
~gR~

I would personally recommend the self-titled. Dissimulate is less characterful than the debut; its death metal attributes are much more distinct with clearer guitar riffing, slightly more conventional song structures, and less experimentation with the drums....both with the trigger samples and because of the limitations of the human drummer (obviously =).

While Dissimulate is a strong offering, s/t is much more varied, more raw and more experimental. It's a more difficult listen (the last two tracks are the longest on the album, and are pure electronic noise, feedback and distortion) but I feel much more rewarding.

So, i'd reccommend Dissimulate if you're interested in seeing the more straight-forward death metal esque Berzerker, and self-titled if you want a crazier, more intense and more original edge.

But excellent band either way I think. =) They slay live.

Dissimulate's good and heavy but personally i would check out their self titled debut if want insanity, heavliy altered druming, carcass-stye vocals and an errie feeling

The only release I've seen of theirs in stores is Dissimulate.

I'm not too interested in the genre if it is what I'm thinking of, but it's good to know what they are like. I don't really like really noisy industrial stuff, although I have heard interesting things about the drum sounds, so perhaps worth checking out.

Berzerker ;)

I like them, though they're nothing spectacular. A bit too straightforward for my tastes.

As for recommendations, i'll go with the general consensus and recommend the Self-Titled above Dissimulate.

Great band on CD, although I was not very impressed with them live. I think it might have just been the venues fault, because Berzerker are a very loud and obnoxious (in a good way) band, and the volume just was not turned up that loud, probably because they were the opening band.

The Berzerker was the first band I ever saw live, and they were fantastic. I got to meet the fellows after as well; super nice guys they are. I recommend the s/t if you'd like more melody or Dissimulate if you want very fast and brutal death metal (seems to be the buzz word nowadays).

Charubic Murder said:
The Berzerker was the first band I ever saw live, and they were fantastic. I got to meet the fellows after as well; super nice guys they are. I recommend the s/t if you'd like more melody or Dissimulate if you want very fast and brutal death metal (seems to be the buzz word nowadays).
Even though the heavy parts of s/t are much faster and more intense than Dissimulate. =)

Not for me. Pretty standard ultra-fast death/grind with a bit of industrial/noise thrown into the mix (granted, I haven't heard their S/T). Go check them out if you like that sort of thing.

I bet loads of Slipknot 'maggots' would like The Berserker - simply because they wear masks, and also because they're heavy.

That seems to be all these young fans are after - something that makes them seem hard if they listen to it. If that is the case, then I could think of better things to recommend than Slipknot.

There is a Slipknot fan in my college tutor group, and he said he loves the guitar riffs and the mad drumming.

I proceeded to play him None So Vile by Cryptopsy - I think I made my point.

:D

High On Maiden said:
I bet loads of Slipknot 'maggots' would like The Berserker - simply because they wear masks, and also because they're heavy.

That seems to be all these young fans are after - something that makes them seem hard if they listen to it. If that is the case, then I could think of better things to recommend than Slipknot.

There is a Slipknot fan in my college tutor group, and he said he loves the guitar riffs and the mad drumming.

I proceeded to play him None So Vile by Cryptopsy - I think I made my point.

:D

If you check out the Berzerker's website (www.theberzerker.com) guestbook you'll find alot of slipknot fans liking the Berzerker

Here's some of my favorite ones....

"um,just another slipknot nu-metal clone band"

"Fuckin Losers!
Keep ripping off the knot you pathetic victorians!
Come to Adelaide again and MANNING and SHONNO will seriously fuck you up you posers!" :lol:

"i hate people, people are nothing but shiti think all people should be killed and people like berzerker and slipknot should start another human race,People equal shit.............death to all who judge me!!!!!!!!-bye"