The Berzerker Seeks Album Artwork!

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
Get to it, guys!! :kickass:

Australia's THE BERZERKER is offering one lucky fan a chance to design the artwork for its upcoming album.

Due to THE BERZERKER artist Ivan Kenny-Sumiga currently relocating, he will be unable to complete the new album artwork by the deadline. This opens up a very unique opportunity for one individual. Instead of mainman and vocalist Luke Kenny going to the nearest design company, he is giving the fans the chance to show what that can do and perhaps make a name for them selves worldwide.

According to a press release, "The art can be any style 2D or 3D. It just has to capture the brutality and class of the music... The winning artist will have to chance to deal direct with the Luke and to design the album cover, inlay and art layout. The album has a worldwide release and distribution with all the major magazines writing and reviewing the upcoming album.

This is a one-off opportunity for someone to hopefully go on to have a career as an graphic artist.

Please submit all ideas to info@theberzeker.com (try to keen file sizes under 1 MB).

Rex said:
Once you've been doing this kind of thing for a while, you learn to read between the lines.
I HOPE I'm wrong. But this is very carefully worded and has red flags all over the place.
Yeah, I can see where it may imply that. Can't hurt to check, I guess. A good oppotunity for someone new to the field, I'd say.

"...he is giving the fans the chance to show what that can do and perhaps make a name for them selves worldwide.

This is a one-off opportunity for someone to hopefully go on to have a career as an graphic artist."

I think it's cool when bands open it up to fans...even if they dont end up really using the fans work...

Thats all fine and dandy, but how many people will spend hours and hours working on artwork for them, and it not be used? Will those people also be given the new album once its finished as a thank you for their hard work? Is there any fine print that isn't mentioned in this blurb anywhere that all artwork submitted will have the rights relinqueshed from the artist and given to the band regardless if they use it for this album or not? Thus giving the band and label all kinds of free artwork to use anywhere they want with no proper credit given. I've seen that before and that really bugs me.

Is this band going to give their cd away for free? And if I like it, I'll give them props by word of mouth? Not likely. Which is exactly what they are asking these fans/artists around the world to do.