The best 2x12 cabinet

The Avatar Premier cabs apparently sound exactly like the Bogner oversized so if you are considering getting one and you don't feel like shelling out as much $$$ definitely check them out.

taylor666 said:
The Avatar Premier cabs apparently sound exactly like the Bogner oversized so if you are considering getting one and you don't feel like shelling out as much $$$ definitely check them out.

i've played both cabs, but never side by side

the avatar sounds really good...i don't think it sounded quite as good as the bogner, ore my splawn oversized 2x12 tho; it's a great cab for the money, but in my limited experience with playing one, it's not in the same league as some other cabs

as far as the best cab I PERSONALLY have played...

homerig2.JPG

DO NOT GET A MESA RECTIFIER 2X12 CAB!!!!! I personally recommend the Carvin Legacy 2x12. The Recto 2x12 is easily one of the worst cabs I've ever played...incredibly boomy, woofy, bassy, loose, and toneless.

I've compared the dimensions of Bogner Oversize, VHT, Splawn and Mesa.
From what I've seen Bogner is the best 2x12 cabinet, but it's big like a little 4x12!!!! I've read it is very very good, it have a lots of punchy bottom ends...but for my taste it's not a 2x12 (25 3/4" height x 29 3/4" width x 11 7/8" depth). If someone choose a 2x12, it's because he wants a goog little cab, not a little "big cab" :D
Splawn is a "replica" of the bogner oversize but it's smaller and good also.
VHT Fat Bottom is the smallest of this 4 cabinets and I read good opinions about this.
Mesa is Mesa...I've read good opinions and bad opinions...

splawn isn't exactly a replica of the bogner...they look similar, and dimensions are close (mine is 24x29x12), but they use different methods of construction...i'm also pretty certain bogner uses some type of sound insulation material in the back of their OS 2x12

being that you're in italy...have you checked out orange or framus cabs?

framus has a dragon 2x12 available, with v30's...even tho it's not on their website

what are you hoping to accomplish with the insulation? i'd hope a good cab wouldn't need it

if you put/increase the sound insulation, you simulate the increase of cabinet's inner volume...usually you can find the insulation in the back panel.
I'm reading a website that explain this tecnique and I've asked something in its forum

i'd try the cab both ways

i've came across a few guys that put stuff like that in their cabs, and honestly it just kinda deadened the projection and weakened the low end in most cases...it can really make a cab sound like crap, especially if you over-do it

it could end up sounding great tho, so it's always worth a try