Bogner 2x12 with V30 great for metal tone ?

I just bought Laboga 2x12 cab. It's handbuilt in Poland. Check out www.laboga.com to see the cabs they sell..
The cab is with original Celestion V30 speakers, quality seems to be good, i also bought a dust cover for it.
Didn't try it yet, as waiting for my new head to be delivered next week.

Look back a couple of pages for the "2 12 cab for 5150" thread, where we got into a bit of a debate about this - but know that I have one (a Bogner 2x12 w/ V30s), and it absolutely kicks ass; 120 watt power handling and unbelievably tight bass.

Thanks for the answers ! I read the thread you mentioned Metaltastic, interesting too ! The Bogner seems to be awesome for what I want to do. What about a Diezel 2x12 cab ? Did you try it ?

Bogner or Diezel, that's the question !

Metaltastic, do you have some audio extracts of your Bogner cab in action ?

I'm sure the Diezels are incredible in terms of construction, but like VHT cabs (which are equally top-tier), they don't have V30 speakers, so that was enough of an unknown to sway me from considering them (though I'm sure their speakers do sound pretty incredible simply because of the reputation of the companies). The only other 2x12 that I was considering was the Engl PRO, but I opted for the Bogner because of its larger size (I wanted something as close to a 4x12 as possible, without the weight handicap of a 4x12).

And I do have a clip, as a matter of fact; just a test run I recorded of my jSX when I got it about a month ago. I didn't labor over mic placement, but I still think it sounds pretty sweet; it's just two tracks o' guitar (one left, one right) with zero processing, cheesy drum samples, and pitch-shifted clean guitar for bass.

http://sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/metaltastic/jsxtest.mp3

Hope that helps dude!

I'm sure the Diezels are incredible in terms of construction, but like VHT cabs (which are equally top-tier), they don't have V30 speakers, so that was enough of an unknown to sway me from considering them (though I'm sure their speakers do sound pretty incredible simply because of the reputation of the companies). The only other 2x12 that I was considering was the Engl PRO, but I opted for the Bogner because of its larger size (I wanted something as close to a 4x12 as possible, without the weight handicap of a 4x12)

vintage 30's come standard in Diezel cabs

http://www.diezelamplification.com/2x12.24.0.html

vintage 30's come standard in Diezel cabs

http://www.diezelamplification.com/2x12.24.0.html

Hmm, so they do...strange that Diezel isn't listed in the "Meet the Makers" section of the Celestion website. However, browsing the Diezel site now raises another question: they seem to imply that front mounted speakers are more suited to tight metal playing, but aren't the speakers in Mesas, Marshalls, and of course my beloved Bogner (see below, thanks Cobrahead) rear-mounted? Surely it couldn't be a cost issue with these brands...

241478451.jpg

Hmm, and I just got an email from a guy at Orange who informed me that the speakers in their 2x12 are rear-mounted as well, and if everyone here seems to have such a hard-on for those cabs, then I guess Diezel is just full of it with their front-mounting hooha...

the front v.s. rear mounting thing is just a matter of personal preference...the cost difference mounting them one way v.s. the other is minuscule (you have to have the grille mounted on differently)

front loaded cabs tend to be brighter, tighter, and more agressive sounding...they also tend to have a sorta stiff feel to them

rear loaded cabs are warmer, smoother, and bigger sounding...they're not quite as tight tight but have a nicer feel IMO

i've owned some good examples of both, and i prefer rear loaded cabs...if you've got a good tight amp a good rear loaded cab should be plenty tight enough, if you've got an amp that you want to sound tighter than front loaded is the ticket

What about VHT Deliverance 2x12" cabs ? Someone told me they were also very good.

I wouldn't doubt it. I haven't played the Deliverance, but I did own a VHT Fatbottom 2x12. They're very nice cabs- the build quality is fantastic, and the tightness and clarity as well. (They're frontloaded, for what it's worth.)

I wasn't a big fan of the speakers- VHT's proprietary Eminence P50Es- with the Marshall JCM 2000 TSL head I was using at the time. I felt they were far too bright and scooped, as a I prefer a dark, middy tone. But I could nail Opeth's "Deliverance" tone easily with that rig. That being said, it might have just been a matter of the speakers not having been properly broken in yet. That does change the tone dramatically.

I've used that same cab many times for lead tones with a Bogner Ecstacy... you can hear it in action on the track 'Everything I Need' on my site or myspace. It was used for the lead tones and for some of the rhythm sounds.

It's a very fat, rock sounding cabinet, but I wouldn't consider using it for metal... it just isn't tight enough compared to most 4x12's I've used.