The best exam answer EVER!

I would call myself a defender of religion. Most people reject Christianity for one of these three reasons: They don't care, they can't get past intellectual barriers, or they just don't want to change their lifestyle.

KennonKun said:
I would call myself a defender of religion. Most people reject Christianity for one of these three reasons: They don't care, they can't get past intellectual barriers, or they just don't want to change their lifestyle.
Oh, yes, those'll be the reasons.

KennonKun said:
or, you know, you could consider the other side of the issue, which by I mean maybe you're the one who can't get past intellectual barriers

Now, I'm not gonna bash your beliefs here, but claiming that others don't believe based on ignorance is pretty much horseshit. Ignorance is a pretty common theme among not caring, inability to break barriers, and lack of desire to do so.

Considering your belief is based on faith, your statement is entirely ignorant. not saying your faith is wrong, cause no one knows, but stating outright that everyone else is wrong is just plain stupid. Have you ever considered that they reject it because they believe something else? People can have total faith in something else, to the point of confidence in the truth of it as you have in your faith.

I think it's you who has the inability to break intellectual barriers, and the primary one would be empathy, and generally speaking, ability to see things from other points of view in an objective manner (not just emotionally).

KennonKun said:
You shouldn't have said that. :erk:

Russell said:
In a philosophy exam I heard about sum1, who when asked what was the bravest thing they had ever done, they left 2 blank pages and wrote "this is". I thought that was quite cool :D
Is this like a worldwide legend or what ?!
Heard the same thing about the same exam with the subject : ' What's daring ?'
And the candidate answers : 'That's daring !' or he inserts money in his sheets ..

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Is this like a worldwide legend or what ?!
Heard the same thing about the same exam with the subject : ' What's daring ?'
And the candidate answers : 'That's daring !' or he inserts money in his sheets ..

My 8th grade english teacher took philosophy. One of her exam questions were "Why?"

Her answer? Because. And I guess she passed the class.

The only exam I've heard that is similar to the ones described in this thread is where a professor wrote one question on the blackboard, "Why?"

Most of the students wrote "Because", and turned in their paper. One student got it right. The correct answer was "Why not?"

Yeah, I heard a similar one. University philosophy class, and the lecturer walks in, writes 'Why' on the blackboard, walks back out again. Two-three hours to complete. Most people are basing their answers on Aristotlean and platonian philosophy, etc, etc, and one guy (or girl) wrote 'why not?'
Apparently s/he got a high distinction.
*shrugs*
urban myth or fact?