Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

• Joey Jordinson (Slipknot)

• Michael John Harris (Napalm Death)

• Total voters
I went with Igor because, well, I like his style. Err, assuming we're talking about pre-splitup, haven't really listened to Sepultura since.

They haven't released any albums since Igor left the band.

I also went with Igor.

seriously. how can lars be on this list? hes definitely the worst excuse for a drummer, let alone even calling him a metal drummer, the world has ever seen. every fucking metallica song has so much opportunity for bad ass fills and rolls and hes just puts in the most simple fucking shit. then the fucking nirvana douche is on this list too!!! wtf!!! though he does have one step over lars. either way this thread is a sham.

thyrmfall close this stupid thread!!!!!!!!!!

You know everyone is mentioning different drummers if for nothing else/better to do someone should open a new poll and do a single elimination style tourney to see who everyone thinks is the best drummer in metal. Do it by rounds of 3 or 4 drummers at a time winner moves on to next round.

This poll is dumb. It looks like it was taken out of a Rolling Stone magazine.

Anyways my vote would go to Flo Mounier of Cryptospy fame. And he should definitely be on there.

seriously. how can lars be on this list? hes definitely the worst excuse for a drummer, let alone even calling him a metal drummer, the world has ever seen. every fucking metallica song has so much opportunity for bad ass fills and rolls and hes just puts in the most simple fucking shit. then the fucking nirvana douche is on this list too!!! wtf!!! though he does have one step over lars. either way this thread is a sham.

thyrmfall close this stupid thread!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand Lars Ulrich or Metallica anymore after the Napster crap.:heh: Their last decent album was "And Justice For All". James Hetfield was on a country music "Outlaw" show last week - I almost puked.:puke: And don't get me started on Nirvana......:mad:

Some great drummers left out -

Ken Owen - Carcass
Dave Culross - Malevolent Creation
Fredrik Andersson - Marduk
Derek Roddy - Hate Eternal
Daniel Lilkijivist - Katatonia
Mike Smith - Suffocation
Charlie Benante - Anthrax
Gene Hoglan - Strapping Young Lad
Richard Christy - Death
Steve Ashiem - Deicide
Pete Sandoval - Morbid Angel
Danny Herera - Napalm Death

-Vince

Derek Roddy
Kai Hahto - wintersun

Plus i gotta mention the drummer for Strapping Young Lad weighs 300+ pounds and plays with huge boots on. I dont know how thats possible.

Gene Hoglan is the man. He also played on Individual Thought patterns and Symbolic by Death, and Ill Natured Spiritual Invasion by Old Man's Child.

Asgeir Mickelson is the drummer for Borknagar and an tech metal band called Spiral Architect.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=52633241

Bobby Jarzombek is the drummer for Spastic Ink.
http://www.drummerworld.com/m3u/bobbyjarzombekmad.m3u

Wheres Flo Mounier for Cryptopsy? I think he should be up there too, plus Derek Roddy, and Inferno. I think they are some of the best.