The Black Dahlia Murder name new album and talk about direction of the music..

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
There has been alot of discussion latley about the Black Dahlia Murder on here so here is some news on their new album and the direction of their music which to me sounds awesome the way its described. I know there are several others like myself that were just waiting and waiting for a new album so they can tour for something new for once since they are on the road so much.

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER have set "Miasma" as the title of their new album, tentatively due next summer via Metal Blade Records.

"The new album is now halfway written, and completely destroys anything we've done prior," vocalist Trevor Strnad writes. "We are very proud of the new songs, and are sure that our fans will not be disappointed. The direction of the new shit is noticeably heavier and far more intricate than our previous work. The album will be recorded in a dark scary basement of Richmond, VA, beginning March 10th with Andreas Magnusson (of SCARLET fame) at the helm. The album will then be mixed in April with the infamous Eric Rachel at Trax East studios, NJ. If all goes as planned 'Miasma' will be available in the early summer months. We'll be out with KING DIAMOND and NILE before the disc drops, kicking off another year of perpetual touring by your favorite road warriors."

Goddamn them and taking the name of an amazing death metal band and most likely ruining it, along with it being one of the best words in existence.

Damn them.

Wouldn't it be great if it actually went against the grain and mixed more tradiitonal American elements with the sound, like thrash or NYDM breakdowns?