The Black Dahlia Murder

The Grimace said:
Heheh. FP made me laugh.
ooh
glotz.gif

I love these guys. I got their album early on in 2004 and was very satisfied with it. I than saw them in July open for Cannibal Corpse in New York City and their set was just great. Really had the crowd going and I was really into it. Early on in August they were playing 15 minutes away from me in the slums of Irvington, NJ so I figured what the fuck ill take my life in my hands and go see them. It was an awesome show. I also caught local black metal act Eternity Void as well as Cattle Decapitation and Goatwhore who weren't bad at all. Black Dahlia Murder played another crushing set but unfortunetly it got cut short. This was a Friday night and this place they were playing at is a Friday night hot spot for Polish teenagers. I was wondering why towards the end there were so many out of place looking teens witnessing Black Dahlia Murder. About half way to three quarters through their set the plug was pulled on them and a popular hip hop song "Too Close" by Next began playing over the loud speakers much to the delight of these idiotic kids who showed up. The lead singer of BDM (I believe Trevor is his name) was pissed and shouting for the shit to be turned off and let them finish. The plug had been pulled though. That's what sucks about alot of these shows. The bill was set up to be Watch Them Die (who I missed), Cattle Decapitation, Goatwhore, and Black Dahlia Murder. There were also 7 unknown support bands. You really only need 2 or 3 of them, not 7.

Black Dahlia Murder came back to Irvington a month later with Remembering Never, Terror, and Unearth. I had plans to be in New York City that night and I decided to go to NYC cause I saw God Forbid the night before and I was going to see UFO/Blue Oyster Cult the night after. I found out early the next morning that a riot ensued during Terror's set between hardcore kids and metal heads and the concert was called off and the place was described as a blood bath. Thats what happens when you play shitty venues and don't hire barley enough security. Plus hardcore kids are fags anyway.

TheGraveDigger said:
I found out early the next morning that a riot ensued during Terror's set between hardcore kids and metal heads and the concert was called off and the place was described as a blood bath. Thats what happens when you play shitty venues and don't hire barley enough security. Plus hardcore kids are fags anyway.
How gay.

They DO sound like at the gates, and it seems that there are so many bands that are starting to sound like that, quite anoying indeed.

Gravedigger said:
I found out early the next morning that a riot ensued during Terror's set between hardcore kids and metal heads and the concert was called off and the place was described as a blood bath. Thats what happens when you play shitty venues and don't hire barley enough security. Plus hardcore kids are fags anyway.

I hate Hardcore dancers, specially when they consist of angsty ass little 13 year olds comin into shows and ruining REAL pits for everyone, with their stupid bitch ass flailing in my face. IMO Hardcore dancing should stay at hardcore shows. And I really dig some Hardcore, I just don't like hardcore kids when they flail about at a concert where the majority of people just wanna mosh the way moshin is supposed to be.

End of rant