The Blemished Sections of Musician's Friend and other online stores

RemoWilliams

¯\(°_o)/¯ How meet Devil?
Nov 13, 2005
In my search for a new 88 key MIDI weighted keyboard, I've come across the blemished/used sections of online sites and their condition ratings might need a bit of reworking :lol:

Condition: Good
Slightly used with a few minor scratches and dings

*Real condition: The keyboard has been shot three times point blank and all keys above C4 trigger randomly*

Price: $400

WHAT A DEAL!!!!!:Smokin:

I got a blacktop telecaster from musiciansfriend from the used section. the guitar was brand new with a couple little dirt spots haha. it was condition 1 though

Got my LTD M-300FM off eBay and it had a blemish and was stamped as factory number 2. Paid like a few hundred less than new and never saw any blemish.

I'm holding out til I come across something of the value that you guys above have posted.
Just have to play the waiting game.:bah:

not from an online-store, but a good deal too:
i was chatting with a client about guitar-gear. he told me he has an broken LABOGA Mr. Hector amp, repair-costs 800.-EUR according his technican. He wanted to throw it in the garbage. I gave him 70.-EUR for the amp and repaird it by myself (new power-trafo, 80.-EUR). resulst: like-new Mr. Hector for 150.-EUR. good deal i guess... :p

I too hunt for items in the b-stock listings (Thomann mainly). So far I've never had a bad experience. Like others here have said; most things look brand new to me. Got a boss gt-10 for about half the regular price because of some scratchings... I think I added more scratches to it in the first 10 minutes I used it. As long as stuff works, I rarely care for scratches anyway. They are just tools to me. I don't polish my hammer either. Well, I do, but only when I get lonely.

I also got an ISA One including the digital out card for about 3/4 the price of one WITHOUT the card. I think they made a mistake with that one. And again, didn't find a single problem with it. My guess is that some customer was too stupid to figure out how to get the card working.

I bought a "blemished" 5 string LTD bass a few months ago and I can't tell what's blemished about it. Looks brand new and even came in the factory box :shrug:

But... that description is super lolzworthy :D

I too hunt for items in the b-stock listings (Thomann mainly). So far I've never had a bad experience. Like others here have said; most things look brand new to me. Got a boss gt-10 for about half the regular price because of some scratchings... I think I added more scratches to it in the first 10 minutes I used it. As long as stuff works, I rarely care for scratches anyway. They are just tools to me.

+1

Slightly OT but I bought a Dime Dean from a guy I knew around here. He purchased it for 599€ or 699€ from Thomann and ended up selling it to me for 150€.
He thought it was broken and a shitty guitar overall.
The pics looked absolutely fine, and when I got my hands on it, I bursted laughing in victory.
He didn't know how to setup a Floyd Rose and the only thing "wrong" in the guitar was, that the bridge was tilted...
Good purchase, used it for a ton of solos and leads but ended up giving it to my brother as a christmas present.

I don't polish my hammer either. Well, I do, but only when I get lonely.

Hahaha made my night :lol:

A few years back I got a 5-string Fender Precision bass with a 150 € discount from a Japanese online store because it had 'small blemishes in the finish'. When it arrived, I studied the bass for about 15 minutes and I didn't even find a scratch.