The Chilli Lounge - Wyong R.I.P.!

Yet another Metal friendly venue has fallen by the wayside.
On July 31st The Chilli Lounge in Wyong on NSW Central Coast will close it's band room and in place prepare to be inundated with poker machines. Yaaay what a great decision...NOT!!!
Had a couple of good shows there in the last 12months with bands such as DARKER HALF and VOYAGER leading the way. Great memories.
Props to amped Up Entertainment who kept the Metal flowing up there and here's hoping they can secure another venue real soon.
This is another timely reminder to get out and support your local metal shows so we can still keep the venues that we have.
Stay Heavy!!!:devil:

So fucking pissed about this. Central Coast suffers enough from lack of venues. I've been to the Chilli Lounge roughly around 50 times for different gigs and the pokies room there (which is pretty big mind you) has only ever had several people in it at one time.

It's seriously times like this I wonder what's the point of playing when venues keep closing down. Fuck, I should just cut my hair and join some alt rock band. Haha!

I feel your frustration dude.
I really think there is a Metal explosion ready to come out of the Central Coast from the bands that are young and just coming together like KATABASIS and they really need a venue like that to build it all up.
Amped Up will hopefully grab another nearby venue soon as they did a great job with the Chilli which looks like to me has made a pretty bad decision.
as CANNIBAL CORPSE would say.."Make Them Suffeeeeeeeer!!!":devil:

So fucking pissed about this. Central Coast suffers enough from lack of venues. I've been to the Chilli Lounge roughly around 50 times for different gigs and the pokies room there (which is pretty big mind you) has only ever had several people in it at one time.

It's seriously times like this I wonder what's the point of playing when venues keep closing down. Fuck, I should just cut my hair and join some alt rock band. Haha!

Cover bands man! That's where the money is.
Disappointing, but that's how things will go until people get their act together and go to shows. I know of many bands in that area, I wonder how many ever attend a show that they aren't playing...?

Totally agree about more band members should attend shows they are not playing as a general rule anywhere to be honest.
The weird thing about this venue is the 2 shows i've put on there have had way more people in the band room for Metal than in the public bar for cover band or karaoke.But that was only twice.
Cryptor, being a local would have a better view on that.

That damn well sucks. I enjoyed seeing Voyager and all the support bands up there, which I also heard the gig did a whole lot better than the Sydney show the night before.