The Comic Book/ Graphic Novel Thread

Chimaera

Oct 28, 2009
Scotland
Since there are threads for just about every other medium, I thought I'd make one for comics and graphic novels. I'm sure there'll be some comic fans on the forum.

I only really started reading comics about a year ago so I haven't actually read an awful lot. I've read a few of the classics (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum etc.) and really enjoyed them. I've also read the first two Sin Cities and thought they were awesome.

So, yeah. Discuss.

I'm in the middle of reading The Sandman. I'm on Volume 6 so far, and so far it's been absolutely fantastic. I can't believe there hasn't been an HBO show based on this yet.

I used to be into collecting comics in the early 90's when I was a kid. It didn't matter which ones....I just picked up whatever. I still have all those comics too. I often wonder if any are worth anything at all.:confused:

I also loved collecting Marvel cards (got some DC in there as well) I still have those too. They're all in a binder and in great shape.

I only really started reading comics about a year ago so I haven't actually read an awful lot. I've read a few of the classics (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum etc.) and really enjoyed them. I've also read the first two Sin Cities and thought they were awesome.

if you thought the comics you mentioned were awesome
you'll prolly also love
identity-crisis.jpg

Since there are threads for just about every other medium, I thought I'd make one for comics and graphic novels. I'm sure there'll be some comic fans on the forum.

So, yeah. Discuss.

I'm gonna recommend Old Man Logan. Its a short series you can buy as a complete graphic novel. It basically follows the life of an old Wolverine after most superheroes are dead and Logan is a broken man.

Very gory and apocalyptic. And you get to see wolverine fatality quite a few marvel characters.

awesome thread, btw.

300 is cool.
Get the latest Batman. titled the Court of Owls. really good!
Allstar Batman and Robin was good
you could get all of the Invincible trades..
Batman Year One
Batman Hush

I've read the frist four volumes of Sandman and thoroughly enjoyed them. I thought the one where Lucifer decides to quit Hell was fantastic. I haven't got around to getting the rest yet though.

Old Man Logan sounds pretty awesome. I'll check it out.

I've read Batman Year One and I wasn't blown away by it. It was good and all but I just didn't find it as amazing as I was lead to believe. I suppose The Dark Knight Trilogy was based on the concept though, so I respect it for that.

Bump.

Picked up the third volume of Sin City today. I'd been having trouble finding the third edition of the book and wanted a matching set, so when I saw it in Waterstones I decided to pick it up. The Big Fat Kill was my favourite vignette in the movie so I'm looking forward to this.

Bump.

Picked up the third volume of Sin City today. I'd been having trouble finding the third edition of the book and wanted a matching set, so when I saw it in Waterstones I decided to pick it up. The Big Fat Kill was my favourite vignette in the movie so I'm looking forward to this.

Everything that's written by Frank Miller is awesoeme