THE CONTORTIONIST: Clairvoyant

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
THE CONTORTIONIST DEBUT “REIMAGINED” MUSIC VIDEO; NEW ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED

"...The Contortionist will release Clairvoyant on September 15th via Entertainment One Music / Good Fight Music...Pre-order the new album at the following links: Digital, Official Band Store, Good Fight Store...."

contotionistalbumjune.jpg

Oh yeah, love the new song. Long time fan of this band since they released the Apparition EP in 2009, been a great journey following their evolution. A truly progressive band.

I love the thematic consistency in the videos. Metal videos have a tendency to be utterly useless, but theirs have actually had a point.

Reactions: MelbCro
This album is stunningly beautiful. If you're into stuff more on the arty ambient side of metal then you owe it to yourself to check this one out.

I've gotten chills from it several times already.

Reactions: MelbCro
Not sure if I would say it is transcendent as I don't believe that it surpasses/exceeds the amazing "Language". They have continued to progress to a more progressive sound, having eliminated all the harsh vocals. I happened to enjoy the mix of clean and harsh on Language as they were used in such an incredible way. Nonetheless, Clairvoyant is a very solid release from this underrated band. Let's hope that there is a chance they end up on the lineup in 2019. Another solid release by them.

THE CONTORTIONIST ANNOUNCE 2018 TOUR DATES WITH NOTHING MORE

conttournov.jpg

February
3 - Little Rock, AR - The Metroplex
5 - Richmond, VA - The Broadberry
6 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
7 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
9 - Philadelphia, PA - TLA
10 - Millvale, PA - Mr. Small's Theater
11 - St. Louis, MO - Delmar Hall
12 - Racine, WI - Route 20 Outhouse
14 - Madison, WI - Majestic Theater