"The Cover Chronicles"

Analog_Kid

One of the Ancients of UM
Anyone have any more Nightingale/Swano covers recorded or near completion? I'm really looking forward to hearing more.

As a side note, if anyone has a cover recorded and is concerned about the sound quality, I'd be more than happy to mix and/or master it for you. I enjoy doing it. Besides, it helps keep my ears in shape since I only get to mix one of my own tracks per week. Just PM me if you need my assistance.

Keep 'em coming!

I'm getting there, hope to have it written by tomorrow evening, but it's taking ages. I'm doing a re-write of 'Lesson in Evil', in the style of My Dying Bride, so all the riffs are being de-constructed, then built up into twin-guitar-part things, with a large dose of doom ;)
Having a major problem with the verse, come up with 3 different versions so far. The first one I really like, but I went a bit overboard and ended up writing my own melody line over the chords, which is not what I'm trying for. I'm looking to mostly use Dan's stuff, but putting everything in a minor key, and writing my own harmony parts. I'm getting closer to what I want, but I just came up with a new idea this afternoon, so rewrite #4 is on the way :D
The opening riff sounds awesome though, if I do say so myself, I nailed it (just too make you all a bit hungry for it :D.... or not :err: )

Not looking foward to the vocals though, as, while I can sing, I have no confidence so it just sounds weak. And my death vocals (yes, I'm going to use growls in a few places :lol: ) lack clarity (I have a low voice), but oh well. It might remain instrumental, see how it goes.

Oh, and then I'm gonna have to get a website to put it on, but I figure I'll just go with a tripod site. I'm looking tentatively at late next week for completion......