Cover song contest - The Dreamreader

~nightfall~

The Band called ROCK
Nov 7, 2001
Molde, Norway
not.there.yet
Hello everyone,
As promised, here`s my contribution to the cover song contest. It`s a slow, re-arranged version of "The Dreamreader", from the first Nightingale-album "The Breathing Shadow". I recorded it in two hours, with lack of equipment, so please don`t expect to be "blown away". I guess I could make it sound much better by giving it a few more hours.

Although I`ve heard better sound in recordings before, I would like to state that I had a great time recording it, bringing back some nice memories I connect to this song.

My girlfriend is performing for the very first time on a recorded song, singing the backing vocals of the chorus. I think she did great. As Markus, I had a cold while doing my vocal-parts, and I guess you will hear it, especially in the end of the song.

Enough words. Hope you`ll like it! :Smokin:

http://home.himolde.no/~kjetilsp/Dreamreader.mp3

So, now I downloaded your big file (why 320 kbps???) and I must say "well done"
I like when you sing "it brings me back to my childhood" at the begining. The "my" sounds really cool. Your girlfriend has a nice voice. The "twin guitar-part" ist also cool. ;)
Thanks for doing it. I've added it to the thread "Contestlist".

Great version!!

I get all these "Maybe I should re-record this one..??" vibes from all your wonderful people covering my (and my bro's) tracks.
We will record Nightfall Overture during the "Alive Again" sessions, we might use if for a bonustrack or something
It kicks so much more butt now with Tom, Tom and Erik

D