THE DARK ELEMENT ft former NIGHTWISH and SONATA ARCTICA members

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
THE DARK ELEMENT FEATURING FORMER NIGHTWISH SINGER ANETTE OLZON, EX-SONATA ARCTICA GUITARIST JANI LIIMATAINEN TO RELEASE DEBUT ALBUM IN NOVEMBER; TITLE TRACK STREAMING

"...The Dark Element is a new musical project fronted by former Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon, together with Finnish guitarist and songwriter Jani Liimatainen. The combination of these two talents promises to deliver a debut album that will be a huge statement in the European metal scene. The self-titled debut will be released on November 10th. The title track is available for streaming below...."

darkelementalbumagu.jpg

I will probably check it out when it hits, but from that it is not even in the same league as Cain's Offering.

I like this. I didn't realize how much I missed Anette's voice. She sounds good here.

This is such a killer disc !!!! Annette really pulls out all the stops on this one. I really liked her previous solo effort, but this one is far better. Heavier, catchier, fun and Annette sounds absolutely wonderful. She even pulls out some Nightwish sounding songs that could have easily come from some lost NW tapes that weren't used on their discs with Annette. I'm not one for that "pop" sound -- but her voice mixed in with that symphonic metal is absolutely captivating. She found her niche - and she shines. Don't pass this up if you liked her in Nightwish.......

This disc is AWESOME and I hope they remain in tact. This is really catchy and fun. Plenty of crunch - vocals are awesome and the solos are incredible. AWESOME Disc.

Brand