The Darkness.....On Letterman....Last Night......?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
THE DARKNESS Score Highest-Climbing Album On BILLBOARD Chart

U.K. rock sensations THE DARKNESS have scored the highest-climbing album on this week's U.S. chart, making their first appearance in the top 100, according to Ireland Online.

Their album "Permission To Land" went from number 173 to 92 in one week on the Billboard chart.

The flamboyant rock group, influenced by QUEEN and AC/DC, are due to appear on "Late Show With David Letterman" tonight (Jan. 9), which will surely further help their album sales.

In other news, the New York Post is reporting that THE DARKNESS recently refused to do a photo shoot with British music rag Q because the photographer wanted the band to spray 15 naked models with champagne. But guitarist Daniel Hawkins now says it wasn't the degradation of women that was the issue. "They were trying to give us that Moet & Chandon crap, but we don't pour anything less than Cristal," jokes the axe-man.

THE DARKNESS performed at an in-store appearance at the Virgin Megastore in New York City Thursday (Jan. 8). Check out pictures from Wire Image, LFI.

From BlabberMouth.Net

I don't know what to think......I saw them last night on Letterman(channel Surfing)........I watched their one live song.......and was saying to my self.....who the fuck is this?.......The singer & guitar player was dressed up in some Queen looking stripped pant outfit......baring his chest, something on his ass?.....very gay looking.....the vsinging was way different, high pitched at times, then Rock N' roll mostly.....very different though.....both guitar players played some old fashioned leads.....not bad for older style rock.....& some Bass player that did not fit in.......the drummer was a straight forward hard hitting old fashioned type, nothing special......Now I'm still tripping on them......they were very different......but nostalgic.....I did'nt hate them, but that upper pitched singing(Queeness).......& the singers outfit were totally gay......but some of the rythums & leads were quite good........I'm confused......What Do you guys think?......Or Know of Them?

Deadly Embrace said:
THE DARKNESS Score Highest-Climbing Album On BILLBOARD Chart

U.K. rock sensations THE DARKNESS have scored the highest-climbing album on this week's U.S. chart, making their first appearance in the top 100, according to Ireland Online.

Their album "Permission To Land" went from number 173 to 92 in one week on the Billboard chart.

The flamboyant rock group, influenced by QUEEN and AC/DC, are due to appear on "Late Show With David Letterman" tonight (Jan. 9), which will surely further help their album sales.

In other news, the New York Post is reporting that THE DARKNESS recently refused to do a photo shoot with British music rag Q because the photographer wanted the band to spray 15 naked models with champagne. But guitarist Daniel Hawkins now says it wasn't the degradation of women that was the issue. "They were trying to give us that Moet & Chandon crap, but we don't pour anything less than Cristal," jokes the axe-man.

THE DARKNESS performed at an in-store appearance at the Virgin Megastore in New York City Thursday (Jan. 8). Check out pictures from Wire Image, LFI.

From BlabberMouth.Net

I don't know what to think......I saw them last night on Letterman(channel Surfing)........I watched their one live song.......and was saying to my self.....who the fuck is this?.......The singer & guitar player was dressed up in some Queen looking stripped pant outfit......baring his chest, something on his ass?.....very gay looking.....the vsinging was way different, high pitched at times, then Rock N' roll mostly.....very different though.....both guitar players played some old fashioned leads.....not bad for older style rock.....& some Bass player that did not fit in.......the drummer was a straight forward hard hitting old fashioned type, nothing special......Now I'm still tripping on them......they were very different......but nostalgic.....I did'nt hate them, but that upper pitched singing(Queeness).......& the singers outfit were totally gay......but some of the rythums & leads were quite good........I'm confused......What Do you guys think?......Or Know of Them?

You know what DE... I feel the same way... I saw their video on Musique Plus (the Quebec's equivalent of Much Music) and at first I laughed, then I enjoyed the solo's, the I thought the singing was gay, then I thought it was original... Then I got all nostalgic and wnated to hear more... then I wasn't sure anymore ...!!!...

Deadly Embrace said:

I saw them on Headbangers and I thought OMG! A bunch of fkg. queers. That song totally sucked and so did the video. These type of bands pave the way for High Velocity Speed Metal like www.cessationoflife.com Sorry DE, I thought they were totally disgusting and yes, that singer tried to sound like Freddy Mercury....he failed.