Testament last night @ Bogarts!

Tymaster

New Metal Member
Mar 22, 2009
Although the "Queen City" ranks very low on my list of cities to do anything in this was my closest show since the tour skipped C-Bus (THANKS LIVENATION :mad: ).
Much to surprise the ghetto near Bogarts in Corryville/Clifton has had a face lift and wasn't as bad as down town 'Natti. That's American Pompeii down there!
It was a beautiful day out so we parked and walked around and settled on Martinis' on Vine for some excellent Italian grub, cold drinks, and friendly service. Even it is a "Steelers" bar, this Browns and Cavaliers fan felt right at home. Then it was on to the show!!!!!!!!
Lazarus AD: did not here enough of them to judge them.
Unearth: saw them w/ Slayer a few years back, meh.

TESTAMENT!!!
The Preacher
Practice What you Preach
Over the wall
The New Order
More Than Meets the Eye
The Persecuted Won't forget \m/
Demonic Refusal
True Believer
The Legacy
Into the Pit
Souls of Black
Electric Crown
Disciples of the Watch
DNR
3 Days of Darkness
Formation of Damnation

I know I'm forgetting something, but they were on! You could tell they having fun! They hadn't played Cincy in 10 years, and hadn't played Bogarts in 15 years. That show on the "Low" tour was my first Testament show incidentally. So, this was first time seeing Skolnick w/ the boys. He blew me away, as did Chuck with his charisma and his killer voice. The sound was EXCELLENT. Although deafeningly loud, it was balanced and crystal clear. You could make out every note and every line with ease. And for a club show Testament had a nice production. Tapestries, skims, and a light man who know what the heck he was doing. All in all, an AWESOME NIGHT!

It was an awesome day for me, my wife, my son, and his best friend. We all had the VIP treatment. They had a raffle for A killer Dark Star Testament skateboard. Which I was blessed to win and have them sign. And, all VIP's are entered into A raffle to win an Eric Peterson signature guitar. How cool would that be? Sound check started promptly at 4:00 PM. All band members were on stage except Chuck. I believe they played Do or Die, Burnt Offerings, A Day Of Reckoning,and several others that I can't remember. I'd like to see them put Burnt Offerings or ADOR in the setlist again. Then Chuck came out for A few minutes and tested his mic. After the sound check we were all able to meet the band.Talk about the cat having your tongue! It just can't be said enough how down to earth they all are. They will sign two items for you and they do allow you to take A picture with the whole band. All together, it lasted about an hour. Then we were left with two hours to kill. We walked around the back of the place and Paul and Alex were out there talking with more fans. This is why they are THE best band out there. There never too busy to talk with their fans or autograph something for you.
Finally, after two hours the doors opened. I always like these little clubs the best. No chairs to worry about and the alcohol is right there. You don't have to miss anything. They have at least four new shirts and one new hoodie. The t-shirts were $25 and the hoodie was $45. They also had a really great work style shirt for $45. It reminds me of A shirt Chuck might wear. Chuck and all the guys were fantastic. All the months of touring have payed off. They're playing like a well oiled machine. I managed to make it right up in front of Eric. I didn't leave this spot for the whole night. Close enough so that I didn't have to worry about the pit behind me. They also played Do Or Die and Sins Of Omission. My right ear is still ringing and I think I lost my voice too. This was, without a doubt,the best concert we have ever been too. Thank you Testament for all the memories!!!

Although the "Queen City" ranks very low on my list of cities to do anything in this was my closest show since the tour skipped C-Bus (THANKS LIVENATION :mad: ).
Much to surprise the ghetto near Bogarts in Corryville/Clifton has had a face lift and wasn't as bad as down town 'Natti. That's American Pompeii down there!
It was a beautiful day out so we parked and walked around and settled on Martinis' on Vine for some excellent Italian grub, cold drinks, and friendly service. Even it is a "Steelers" bar, this Browns and Cavaliers fan felt right at home. Then it was on to the show!!!!!!!!
Lazarus AD: did not here enough of them to judge them.
Unearth: saw them w/ Slayer a few years back, meh.

TESTAMENT!!!
The Preacher
Practice What you Preach
Over the wall
The New Order
More Than Meets the Eye
The Persecuted Won't forget m/
Demonic Refusal
True Believer
The Legacy
Into the Pit
Souls of Black
Electric Crown
Disciples of the Watch
DNR
3 Days of Darkness
Formation of Damnation

I know I'm forgetting something, but they were on! You could tell they having fun! They hadn't played Cincy in 10 years, and hadn't played Bogarts in 15 years. That show on the "Low" tour was my first Testament show incidentally. So, this was first time seeing Skolnick w/ the boys. He blew me away, as did Chuck with his charisma and his killer voice. The sound was EXCELLENT. Although deafeningly loud, it was balanced and crystal clear. You could make out every note and every line with ease. And for a club show Testament had a nice production. Tapestries, skims, and a light man who know what the heck he was doing. All in all, an AWESOME NIGHT!
I was there too. I think you forgot Do or Die and Sins of Omission in your setlist. Didn't they play Bogart's on either the Demonic or The Gathering tours? I thought they did. I know they played in Dayton on Demonic because I was there. At a bar called "Coliseum" on Smithville Rd. That was the craziest show ever. There was no barricade between the stage and the crowd so there was stage-divers every song.

I was there too. I think you forgot Do or Die and Sins of Omission in your setlist. Didn't they play Bogart's on either the Demonic or The Gathering tours? I thought they did. I know they played in Dayton on Demonic because I was there. At a bar called "Coliseum" on Smithville Rd. That was the craziest show ever. There was no barricade between the stage and the crowd so there was stage-divers every song.

The last time they were in Cincy they played "Annies" in 1999. It was the same night as OzzFest at Riverbend and they offered a package deal where you could get a lawn seat at OzzFest and then take a van back to Annies and Testament waited until OzzFest was over to do their show.

In 1999 they also played a place called "Sneakers" in Dayton. TINY place. Great show though.

They haven't been to Columbus since 1997.

They played Lorain in the early 2000's, and they played Cleveland last year and again this year.

I was at the Bogarts show and was right in front of Alex! God, this was a dream come true for me. They played in WV a few months back and I bought tix for that show, but was unable to make it. When I caught that they were coming to Bogarts, I was in like flint! If I had to crawl in there on broken knees, I would have and let me tell you this is THE best show I have been to in a long time. I got back from Rock On The Range Monday morning, napped, ate and headed straight for Bogarts for more! Testament blew everybody at Rock On The Range out of the water, hands-down! Mabye i'm biased, but I had more fun at Bogarts than both days combined at Rock On The Range. I got some killer pics of the Testament show on my myspace page if anyone wants to check em out. Be warned, most of them are of Alex. I couldn't stop taking pics of him. He is my metal god! Lazarus A.D. was fucking killer too! They're young, but have so much heart. I didn't enjoy Unearth all that much.

http://www.myspace.com/snakeskinner

The last time they were in Cincy they played "Annies" in 1999. It was the same night as OzzFest at Riverbend and they offered a package deal where you could get a lawn seat at OzzFest and then take a van back to Annies and Testament waited until OzzFest was over to do their show.

In 1999 they also played a place called "Sneakers" in Dayton. TINY place. Great show though.

They haven't been to Columbus since 1997.

They played Lorain in the early 2000's, and they played Cleveland last year and again this year.
Man I wish I had known about that Ozzfest package deal thing. That would have been the shit. I went to Ozzfest that year, but I always went to the Ozzfests at Indy. Testament @Annie's would have been insane. I saw S.O.D. @ Annies in 99 and I thought the place was gonna collapse by the end of the night. I don't remember them doing a show at "Sneakers" in Dayton, and I never knew about it, which is strange, since I live 35 miles from Dayton. I wish I had known, I would have been there too.