THE DEAD DAISIES Featuring GUNS N' ROSES, THIN LIZZY Members: KUTV Performance Footag

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On September 3, throwback rockers THE DEAD DAISIES — whose current touring lineup features former INXS and NOISEWORKS singer Jon Stevens alongside Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer from GUNS N' ROSES and veteran bassist Marco Mendoza (THIN LIZZY, WHITESNAKE, TED NUGENT, BLACK STAR RIDERS) — performed in the studios of KUTV, the CBS-affiliated television station in Salt Lake City, Utah. You can now watch video footage of their appearance below.THE DEAD DAISIES' debut single, "Lock 'N' Load", features the signature guitar riffs of Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) and is laced with Stevens' trademark vocals."Slash and I wrote 'Lock 'N' Load', which was recorded with Simon Horsford and John Fields, who produced THE DEAD DAISIES album," said Stevens. "Slash loves the song and the album, and is really happy with the way they have turned out. He doesn't just play on anyone's album… this is a labor of love." Slash tweeted on March 23: "Heard the mix of 'Lock & Load'. A song Jon Stevens & I wrote. Sounds great. He's recorded it w/his band DEAD DAISIES. W/my gtrs."Stevens told The Salt Lake Tribute that it was not a "deliberate" decision to create what some call a supergroup — he just decided to call in some friends after he and David Lowy (RED PHOENIX, MINK, THE ANGELS) started writing some songs together. It was a "real compliment" when famous musicians joined them.THE DEAD DAISIES' debut album — which was helmed by producer John Fields (JIMMY EAT WORLD, SWITCHFOOT) at Wishbone Studios in North Hollywood, California — sounds as if it could have been recorded at the height of the classic rock era, a move that was intentional, Stevens said. "We kept it really minimal on the recording," he said. "We want to keep things really raw. We wanted to keep it real all along the line."

More...