The Definition of Hero

I just had to post about a true hero and soldier. A friend of mine from Huntington Beach has a son in my old unit, the Army's famed 82nd Airborne. The kid is something of a bullet magnet LOL and just earned himself TWO purple hearts in two weeks. Hero's like this bring tears to my eyes. Here is the email I got:

---------------------------------------------
Can someone tell my son that its not cool to get these medals? its especially taxing on the family.not to mention the soldier.
Lets see.shrapnel in the arm last week.gunned down in a courtyard this week,one to the butt and one to the head,with an rpg round,im guessing,SINCE THERE WAS ALSO AN EXPLOSION, thrown in ..He'll be going to Germany tomorrow.His teamate took one to the knee.Maybe Helmut could visit.Ok,the bullet grazed his head, they had to pull out some bone fragments but his friend who was visiting said he was mad as hell and was telling the nurses to give him something for the pain or knock him out.Well we'll see if there is any permanent nuerological damage.The left side of his head is swollen and his eye is shut.Could of been worse ,could of been worse.Yea,our family actually does have hard heads!Its one hell of a way to get leave! Salute AATW

H-MINUS

-------------------------------

These are the kind of people we should be reading books about rather than deserters. When that kid gets back I am going to buy him many beers! :kickass:

AIRBORNE!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Without wanting to knock this guy down, but perhaps its time for him to reflect on a career change lol.

Anyway, as much as I bleet on, I support anyone who has the determination to join the armed forces these days.

I'm just annoyed the sodding RAF refused me on medical grounds the bastards!