The Diary

BadMoose

Throbbing Member
Jan 3, 2008
Ever since I was filming the guys for the Fan Club video we put out a couple of years ago, The Diary has kind of been my favorite. The song just conveys a mood, a dark, lumbering evil thing that tempts you into thinking that fury will erupt, but never quite does. The tempo of the song seems to almost drag, and the chord progression gives it an eerie feeling, which combined with the suppressed tempo, makes you feel like you do in dreams sometimes when you are stuck and need to move, but just can't will yourself to do so.

I think this will be one of the more difficult songs to pull off live. It's going to be hard to keep the tempo down, as it is a riff that almost begs to be played faster, and the growling background vocals will probably have to be done with some sort of FX processor.

Anyway, yeah, that's my favorite.:headbang:

Cool! I too love this song! I'm a big ban of the dirge feel. In rehearsal it came off very well...before our bass player bailed, that is. I set the delay on my guitar to repeat at the proper tempo, so if it gets too fast, I can bring it back easily.

As for the vocals, I have set up a second microphone (Green Bullet harmonica mic) which runs through a distortion box, so my clean vocal will be doubled with a scream-type effect. Then, Koelling doubles me with his own version of my scream vocal (which is way cool). So, nothing's really missing. I was worried about it too.

I can hardly wait to play these tunes live!:headbang:

SRS

Yeah, I was really happy with the way this song sounded during rehearsals. We actually played it at Zildjian's party up in Oregon two years ago and it got quite the reaction from those that were there. That damn keyboard/guitar solo thing is what kicks my ass.

Cool! I too love this song! I'm a big ban of the dirge feel. In rehearsal it came off very well...before our bass player bailed, that is. I set the delay on my guitar to repeat at the proper tempo, so if it gets too fast, I can bring it back easily.

As for the vocals, I have set up a second microphone (Green Bullet harmonica mic) which runs through a distortion box, so my clean vocal will be doubled with a scream-type effect. Then, Koelling doubles me with his own version of my scream vocal (which is way cool). So, nothing's really missing. I was worried about it too.

I can hardly wait to play these tunes live!:headbang:

SRS

Dude! I can't wait to hear this live. OOoohhh boy, this is gonna be GREAT!!!