The Dillinger escape plan/Between the Buried and me

I like both bands, BTBAM a bit more. They're more progressive, as TDEP are more technical. Alaska and Colors are amazing albums!

I'm going to the gig in Bristol. It's is going to be awesome. I'm more going for the support bands although Dillinger are cool. Stolen Babies are playing as well, they are a really crazy female fronted theatrical alt rock/metal typa thing. BTBAM are just bliss....hehe yeh i'm excited.

dillinger is pretty good, miss machine is their best album. btbam are phenomenal, they're stuck in a fan base that expects screamo/hardcore from them. they could easily gain prog fans who arent quite into metal but love how unique they are.

BTBAM is steadily improving, their first album was like all shitty metalcore besides 1 song, alaska was similar but slightly more goodness, the new one is like 50% absolutely incredible and 50% metalcore trash, usually within the same song. When they finally stop trying to keep their fanbase of short kids in spiked collars who do kung fu in the pit and fully embrace all the more progressive stuff they've been doing they'll probably be one of the best bands around.

Luckily for me, metalcore isn't such a big deal around here, so I'm not bothered by the possible similarities... Alaska is one of my all-time top 10 albums.

No and No. Can't get into either bands stuff.. I really dislike DEP, BTBAM aren't so bad though just not my style I guess.

BTBAM is steadily improving, their first album was like all shitty metalcore besides 1 song, alaska was similar but slightly more goodness, the new one is like 50% absolutely incredible and 50% metalcore trash, usually within the same song. When they finally stop trying to keep their fanbase of short kids in spiked collars who do kung fu in the pit and fully embrace all the more progressive stuff they've been doing they'll probably be one of the best bands around.

something is wrong with your ears. and im assuming youve never seen them live cause the fanbase that shows up to their shows tends to be a very big mix of people.