THE DOORS: 50th-Anniversary Reissue Of 'Morrison Hotel' Due In October

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On February 9 of this year, THE DOORS' fifth studio album, "Morrison Hotel", celebrated its 50th anniversary, and since 2020 is absolutely a year that demands as much partying as can be managed in the midst of a pandemic lockdown, Rhino is continuing the celebration on October 9 with the release of a new 50th-anniversary deluxe edition of the album. This 2-CD/1-LP set includes the original album newly remastered by THE DOORS' longtime engineer and mixer Bruce Botnick, plus a bonus disc of unreleased studio outtakes, and the original album on 180-gram virgin vinyl...and, yes, of course, the music will also be available from digital and streaming services on the very same day. A sneak preview of the set, a previously unreleased take of "Peace Frog / Blue Sunday", is now available below. "Morrison Hotel: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" CD track listing: Disc One: The Original Album Side One: Hard Rock Café 01. Roadhouse Blues 02. Waiting For The Sun 03. You Make Me Real 04. Peace Frog 05. Blue Sunday 06. Ship Of Fools Side Two: Morrison Hotel 07. Land Ho! 08. The Spy 09. Queen Of The Highway 10. Indian Summer 11. Maggie M'Gill Disc Two: Mysterious Union Black Dressed In Leather (Queen Of The Highway Sessions) First Session (11/15/68) 01. Queen Of The Highway (Take 1, She Was A Princess) * 02. Queen Of The Highway (Various Takes) * 03. Queen Of The Highway (Take 44, He Was A Monster) * Second Session (1/16/69) 04. Queen Of The Highway (Take 12, No One Could Save Her) * 05. Queen Of The Highway (Take 14, Save The Blind Tiger) * Third Session (Date Unknown) 06. Queen Of The Highway (Take 1, American Boy – American Girl) * 07. Queen Of The Highway (Takes 5, 6 & 9, Dancing Through The Midnight Whirlpool) * 08. Queen Of The Highway (Take 14, Start It All Over) * 09. I Will Never Be Untrue * 10. Queen Of The Highway (Take Unknown) * Money Beats Soul (Roadhouse Blues Sessions) First Session 11. Roadhouse Blues (Take 14, Keep Your Eyes On The Road) * 12. Money (That's What I Want) * 13. Rock Me Baby * Second Session 14. Roadhouse Blues (Takes 6 & 7, Your Hands Upon The Wheel) * 15. Roadhouse Blues (Take 8, We're Goin' To The Roadhouse) * Third Session 16. Roadhouse Blues (Takes 1 & 2, We're Gonna Have A Real Good Time) * 17. Roadhouse Blues (Takes 5, 6 & 14, Let It Roll Baby Roll) * Dawn's Highway (Peace Frog/Blue Sunday Session) 18. Peace Frog/Blue Sunday (Take 4) * 19. Peace Frog (Take 12) * "Morrison Hotel: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition" LP track listing: Side One: Hard Rock Café 01. Roadhouse Blues 02. Waiting For The Sun 03. You Make Me Real 04. Peace Frog 05. Blue Sunday 06. Ship Of Fools Side Two: Morrison Hotel 01. Land Ho! 02. The Spy 03. Queen Of The Highway 04. Indian Summer 05. Maggie M'Gill * previously unreleased
thedoorsmorrison.jpg

Continue reading...