The End is near....

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
From Rockconfidential.com:

Ratt members Warren DeMartini and John Corabi joined Megadeth on stage in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, November 13 for a rendition of the Megadeth classic “Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying?!” Tony Campos from Static-X and Dez Fafara of Devildriver also joined in.
The Australian leg of Gigantour — featuring headliners Megadeth alongside Static-X, Devildriver and Lacuna Coil — wraps up Sunday, November 18 in Brisbane.

When I first saw that story I didn't think twice about it. Now that you mention it though, it is pretty funny. Imagine if those same guys tried to get on a Megadeth stage 2 decades before. Would have been an ass kicking for sure. :D

I heard that Ratt went to the Megadeth show that night but didn't know that they actually got up on stage with them...

I didnt go see Megadeth coz I was only just getting back to Melbourne after a 10 hour drive from Sydney, but I saw the Ratt/Winger shows on either side of that Tuesday night - Monday in Sydney & Wednesday in Melbourne. Both were unreal!!

One thing that has also reversed since the 80s is that Megadeth played a considerably bigger venue than Ratt & Winger did!! Megadeth played a venue in Melbourne that holds about 5000 people and Ratt/Winger played in clubs that are only about 1000 capacity.

I think it's funny considering the way Dave blasted the hair bands...

thats different though. corabi wasn't really part of the hair band scene. he's been in ratt after their time in the sun and he's been in motley crue and actually made them good. demartini is an outstanding guitar player and i'm sure dave had no problem with him up there

I heard that Ratt went to the Megadeth show that night but didn't know that they actually got up on stage with them...

I didnt go see Megadeth coz I was only just getting back to Melbourne after a 10 hour drive from Sydney, but I saw the Ratt/Winger shows on either side of that Tuesday night - Monday in Sydney & Wednesday in Melbourne. Both were unreal!!

One thing that has also reversed since the 80s is that Megadeth played a considerably bigger venue than Ratt & Winger did!! Megadeth played a venue in Melbourne that holds about 5000 people and Ratt/Winger played in clubs that are only about 1000 capacity.

yeah but megadeth is playing a package tour with some pretty popular newer bands while ratt and winger our touring on their own. megadeth played here in richmond virginia in a club that holds 1,500 or so with 2 opening bands and it didn't sell out. ratt played in virginia beach this summer with poison and there were at least 8,000 people there

I hear ya...
Though, in Melbourne I would say Ratt would possibly pull about the same number of people than Static X and Devildriver. Most people going to Megadeth were goin for them & Lacuna Coil.

I wish it was the other way around because I've seen Megadeth twice now and no interest whatsoever in seeing them again, I would just be bored. The 2001 tour with Al Pitrelli was cool and far more song-driven, but the last one I saw (which is now the 3rd last one here, maybe 2005 or even early last year?) was boring as hell and way too thrashy. The songs just rolled into each other, it was pretty much just a non-stop set of double-kick & shredding. Not interested in that at all.

Ratt however are my all-time 2nd favourite band, love 'em and thought they were great!! Pearcy looks the best he has since Detonator (kinda just looks like an aged version of how he did around Reach For The Sky!!), and Winger were fuckin amazing sounding! But lacking a bit in performance skills these days - play more to themselves than the crowd - but heard that they were considerably more into it at the Aussie shows than they were at Rocklahoma.