The Ensiferum's Gear Thread

My list of live equipment is pretty short:

Ibanez 6-string bass
Tech 21 Sansamp PSA-1 or Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver

Rest of the magic is done by our sound engineer and I have no clue what he does.

I bought PSA-1 years ago when I found out that Faith No More's Billy Gould used that on King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime -album, I really like that bass sound.

Thanks for your reply Sami!
In fact the PSA-1 (or 1.1) has been used on many albums with great bass sound.

For anyone wondering, Pete is using an Ibanez RG3550MZ into an EVH 5150III head. Mahi is using a custom Ibanez, in that the neck and body are from different models. He uses EMG pickups into a Mesa Boogie Mark V. :)

For anyone wondering, Pete is using an Ibanez RG3550MZ into an EVH 5150III head. Mahi is using a custom Ibanez, in that the neck and body are from different models. He uses EMG pickups into a Mesa Boogie Mark V. :)

Thanks :) , do you know wich EMG uses Mahi? (for example 81...85)

My list of live equipment is pretty short:

Ibanez 6-string bass
Tech 21 Sansamp PSA-1 or Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver

Rest of the magic is done by our sound engineer and I have no clue what he does.

I bought PSA-1 years ago when I found out that Faith No More's Billy Gould used that on King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime -album, I really like that bass sound.

Hi Sami!

I like your Ibanez, and understand the whole sponsorship thing,

But I LOVED your Warwick stuff. Very "earthy" sounding. Specifically from the 10th anniversary disc.

Did you use the Warwick bass(es) recording Dragon Heads?

What amp or amps was used on the first 2 albums? the tone is amazing on them, also at the melbourne show this year i noticed that markus was using a boss MT-2 Metal Zone to push his Mesa Mark V. and it didn't sound aweful it sounded amazing surprisingly because i own that pedal. anyone know if his is modded from what i could see it didn't have any signs of modding (different led colour, mod company sticker etc)