The Eve of Battle (My band, new song)

Dauden

Jun 26, 2006
http://www.myspace.com/theeveofbattle

rtetr.gif

Hey guys, this is a project I've had in my head for about 3 years now, and is finally starting to come to life thanks to finding a drummer and second guitarist, as well as acquiring some cheap recording equipment. Total I have about 35 minutes of music written, as well as a couple short acoustic based interludes.

I've finally recorded a rough demo in Garageband for the song "The North Unleashed". The first half is acoustic, the second is the metal part. Also, the drums aren't real (I suck at writing them), nor is the bass, so cut me a bit of slack, heh. The mix also needs a bit of screwing with in that the bass is too high at some parts, but hey. The ideas there, and you guys have great taste in music, so I'd love to hear what you think. :headbang: :kickass: (UPDATED: Distorted guitars have been rerecorded)

The second song is just a simple midi created from Guitar Pro, so if you choose to listen to it, you'll have to use your imagination a bit, but hey. (And yes, there is a Bathory tribute at the end of that song :kickass:)

Thanks to anyone who takes an interest or the time to listen or comment. There will be more material and updated demos and stuff hopefully, and if I can get a bassist, hopefully some local shows too! Thanks guys! :kickass:

Cool Super Mario sound in the 2nd song :)

Hmm, like you wrote, the sound is pretty bad (1st song), but I can hear potential in there behind the saw mill guitars!
2nd song: Once you knock the "Dimmu Borgir keyboard cheese" thoughts out of your head, you hear a pretty cool structure! With the right production, I think it´s gonna be great.

Thanks man! I re-recorded the distorted guitars, and overdubbed an acoustic, might want to take a listen now, sounds way better