the funniest thing i've seen

deadair

Overly-Cryptic Jake
i must have been 15. we were having band practice, which just turned into goofing around... well, one of the guys, chris, got annoyed that we played Wipe Out for fifteen minutes (ahhh, 15). well, he just dropped his bass and started walking around.

setting - we practice at this youth center... mike (the drummer) was a pastors kid, so we got to use the youth center pretty much whenever we wanted... pretty sweet. well, it's basically a big gym. very large room, cement walls and the like.

back to our story - chris walks around, being cranky, so we continue to play Wipe Out just to piss him off. it works. he gets so worked up, so red in the face, mike and i just smile at each other. well, chris walks over to a four square ball sitting about 15 feet from us. he kicks this thing with all his might, right at the wall in front of him. physics kick in. the ball bounces off the wall and comes back to hit him square in the face. his head jars back violently.

i just turn my back to him... as to get away with my uncontrollable laughter. mike has to try to keep a straight face because he has nowhere to go. all of this is played out to the soundtrack of Wipe Out... over and over.

i don't know why i thought of this this morning, but i did. now tell me your stories.

my high school english teacher junior year was named Mr. Fay and, in retrospect, he was pretty cool, but we liked to torment him (of course). he was a mild-mannered man with a moustache and glasses who wore suit jackets with patches on the elbows and loved The Lord of the Rings.

well after a particularly trying day, we were all in class, and somebody got up and cracked the window, and then sat down. one of the students in the class giggled at something.

Mr. Fay leapt up and flung his book and chair across the room and was like "FUNNY? YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?" he ran to the window and rammed it open, then closed, then open. "UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?"

he then ran to the door and shouted something like "FUCK YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU" and disappeared.

thankfully he kept his job.