The Gathering

Tee

Satan's yoyo
Oct 31, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
in 5 days we're going to see their concert here in Zgb.
we do have the marvellous CD Mandylion and can't wait to hear that divine voice live. though as they have zillion albums we don't know (I had some MP3's that I lost of course), what do you think we can expect? probably much more new than older stuff? anybody seen their concert recently?

:)

Tee, you'll love it. Her voice is incredible live! (at least when I heard them a few weeks ago). :D

I saw em just under a month ago, and yeah as said above her voice is incredible live...divine is a good word...I was blown away
I would say to expect much more newer stuff(last 3 albums) than older stuff, at least that's how it was over here

I saw them several years ago on the HOW TO MEASURE A PLANET tour.

They were amazing live.

Tee, be forewarned the new material is VERY different from Mandylion.
They are pretty much no longer metal in anyway, but they still rule.

I'm so jelous! I was supposed to see TG in NY less then a month ago, but the club they were supposed to play at closed down 3 days before the show and it was cancelled! Wanna have a little preview of what to expect? Look here, you will find a link to the streaming video and the setlist! :)

-GK

GabrielKnight said:
I'm so jelous! I was supposed to see TG in NY less then a month ago, but the club they were supposed to play at closed down 3 days before the show and it was cancelled! Wanna have a little preview of what to expect? Look here, you will find a link to the straming video and the setlist! :)

-GK
Yeah, I was supposed to go to that show also. Braindance was to open, I was not happy it was cancelled. :err:

Then I got the flu and missed the Mass. show as well.

to be completely honest.... we listened to some 6-7 songs and left. the concert started one and half hour later than anounced. good that I ran into some old friends and had some nice drinks followed by the discussion about the good old early death metal days. and as my friend said: "fuck the band that is based upon the vocals only".
the truth is that Anneke has an amazing voice. sad is that after the 3rd song I started feeling sleepy like hell. what a review, right? :err:

Tee said:
to be completely honest.... we listened to some 6-7 songs and left. the concert started one and half hour later than anounced. good that I ran into some old friends and had some nice drinks followed by the discussion about the good old early death metal days. and as my friend said: "fuck the band that is based upon the vocals only".
the truth is that Anneke has an amazing voice. sad is that after the 3rd song I started feeling sleepy like hell. what a review, right? :err:
I myself find some of their newer stuff boring, but I wouldn't leave in the middle of their set. Besides you missed Black Light District, a great song. Oh well. Sorry to hear you didn't like them...

actually, I don't know how to define the impression. like... nowhere. don't like, don't dislike. it just doesn't do anything for me.