The Grammy's Metal Category- Did Jethro Tull put out an album?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
Has anyone perused the Grammy's metal category. It is really, really bad- i suppose the same as ever. Spineshank, Korn, and St Anger. Do these people actually listen to the music- or do record companies just send in who they want nominated? Even worse, apparently hip-hop is the only quality "music" being released. I think Id vote for jetho Tull if they had an album in this category again, even a live, or rerelease jethro tull album is better than a spineshank album. Ah.

Reactions: Flaming Death
what do you all expect? the nominees being enslaved, nevermore, and exhumed? this comes as no suprise to me at all. its the american grammies, and when it comes to music, most americans are fucking morons.

damn, i sound like a european guy now. haha, oh well.

oh, and if those 3 bands were the nominees id vote for enslaved haha
~gR~

Tool won best Metal performance twice for Schism and Aenima. They're a good US band deserving of that award.

But the majority of the Grammys suck ass.

There's really nothing that can be done about this. The reason this crap has so much dominance on TV and at the awards is because most people are contented to sit down on their asses and watch crappy MTV bands. Sure, you can complain that the media doesn't cover decent music, but you have to remember that most people can't appreciate extreme music. These award shows are designed to get media coverage. If they started nominating extreme bands, people would be less willing to tune in and watch.

The Grammy's have and will always suck ass. Spineshank?! What the fuck does that band have to do with metal at all... It's quite amazing how so much amazing music never gains any recognition at all... so many good albums came out this year and what do they nominate? Spineshank. Makes me wanna vomit.

Believing that one day you'll see bands like the Berzerker, Cannibal Corpse, or Bethlehem being nominated by the grammy's is a huge pipedream. It will just never happen. Someone should start an all metal award show, i think it would work since it would be mainly a 3 hour concert with a few statues given away and such. :D

Spineshank are good, but I don't think their last album was worthy of nomination. Maybe The Height Of Callousness...Korn? St. Anger? Please...the nominees should have been Godsmack, Machine Head, and Superjoint Ritual.

speed said:
Has anyone perused the Grammy's metal category. It is really, really bad- i suppose the same as ever. Spineshank, Korn, and St Anger. Do these people actually listen to the music- or do record companies just send in who they want nominated? Even worse, apparently hip-hop is the only quality "music" being released. I think Id vote for jetho Tull if they had an album in this category again, even a live, or rerelease jethro tull album is better than a spineshank album. Ah.
Yeah, Tull have a new album out - "The Christmas Album". It's an album of oder songs re-recorded and stuff like that for the holiday season (Christmas being Ian Anderson's favourite holiday). I wouldn't class it as metal though, it's more like folk rock. Ian Anderson also has a solo album out this year called "Rupi's Dance" but again it's not metal and as I haven't heard it I don't know if it's any good. I've ordered the Christmas Album and should get it tomorrow hopefully.
Tull fucking rule, Ian Anderson is a genius. Check out this site - it looks at the lyrics of Tull. www.cupofwonder.com

I got the album this morning and listened to it a few times. Good album, plenty flute - very little electric guitar. It's in no way a metal album, and barely even a rock album. Still, it is worth buying to get you in the christmas spirit!

"Here Santa, pass us that bottle".

I also got the album. i bought it today. It has brand new songs from Tull, older songs rerecorded with christmas themes also some classic christmas songs too.

It is very folky and flute heavy. i like it. the sticker on my cd says if you loved Thick as a Brick and Songs from the Wood you will love this.

<--- living in the past

i like tull. for a variety of reasons. mainly because im a flute player (my first imstrument. played it in school) and i like the mix of flute and rock. cool schtuff
~gR~