The guestbook blows

verderf_lf

I'll be Lionfrost now...
Mar 6, 2006
Flanders, Belgium
I apologise in advance for being blunt, being new to your forum and all as well, but you seriously need to straighten out that supposed guestbook on your site. It gives that ErrorSafe crap, trying to mess up the visitors' computers.
Just thought I'd mention that in case you hadn't already noticed... There's a good few free guestbooks out there that will work quite well, some of them even ad-free. I've worked with a few of them.

Sorry for making a new thread just to say that. I didn't find any other place where it would be appropriate to post this and didn't want to mess up any threads with a more positive vibe going for them. This way, you can simply remove this whole thing at will. :saint:

We still use that necro old school guestbook since it has been around since the very humble beginnings of the 1st version of the Woods of Ypres website back in 2002. You can view comments right back to the start of it all. We may upgrade to something new this year, but I do like having the history of the old one. It still does the job.

Oh, right. Well, the point is I don't get *any* guestbook. Naturally I wanted to take a look at what's been written there over the years, but all I get are those nasty ErrorSafe messages and the darn thing trying to invade my computer. That's why I wrote what I wrote, see?
Apparently though, you can still access the guestbook itself, so never mind what I said. I'll just stick to the forum, then.

Ah, I'm glad to be able to put my own original post into perspective. One way or another, Bravenet got rid of the ErrorSafe crap and I could now access your guestbook without any problem. The weird thing being I encountered the aforementioned problem several times within a timespan of a couple of weeks. So who knows Murphy's Law might strike again if Bravenet keeps ErrorSafe in their ad rotation or whatever system it may be.
I've worked with Bravenet before myself, and was not very impressed with the way they run their ads, or have their ads run them for that matter.