The Hammet solo thing

Originally posted by Zicrom
Although this is a Children of Bodom forum...... YES SIR, YOU ARE RIGHT LEFFE!!!!

:lol: :headbang:

Seems I was wrong. OK Thanks guy's for the info.
You learn someting every day :D

Oh...bad...and then dork hammet started jammyn with the whawha pedal and has become his personal favorite toy...dham...why doesnt someone steals him the dham whawha and then he can start playing some decent solos...

Originally posted by inflamer
Oh...bad...and then dork hammet started jammyn with the whawha pedal and has become his personal favorite toy...dham...why doesnt someone steals him the dham whawha and then he can start playing some decent solos...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

well i should hope so concidering that the songs off ride and puppets were written after they booted out mustaine.

Hammet is good but only good. the guy was doing good stuff 15 years ago but now he is completelly under a lot of other guitarists. guys like joe satriani that play since 20 years and can still come up with some interesting and innovative stuff is what
i am more looking for than a guy who play the same thing since 15 years...and now that new metallica shit , hammet seems to have totally give up on getting better and don't play solos anymore (load , reload...shit load...) so now i guess he is already
dead and buried (as a guitarist...).

Originally posted by OceanbarD
Hammet is good but only good. the guy was doing good stuff 15 years ago but now he is completelly under a lot of other guitarists. guys like joe satriani that play since 20 years and can still come up with some interesting and innovative stuff is what
i am more looking for than a guy who play the same thing since 15 years...and now that new metallica shit , hammet seems to have totally give up on getting better and don't play solos anymore (load , reload...shit load...) so now i guess he is already
dead and buried (as a guitarist...).

Hes not dead he has evolved. Damn his old stuff was better but do you really want the guy to play the same kind of licks al of his life. If someone told me that I would dropp my guitar and baas right away.

Yes he sometimes uses to much wah but sometimes he has succeded with his wah solos on load, reload.Like

King Nothing, Bleeding me, Fuel.

Yeah, I really prefer the solos that he did 15 years ago, but I don´t think that his solos now are bad. Yeah, sometimes so many wah-wah is a bit tired, but you can hear interesting things. The solos that leffe says are great, and in The Outlaw Thorn, I think that his work is brilliant.

I remember that Kirk said once that he wants to express more feelings on his solos with less guitar work, instead of playing a million of frets extremely fast like he used to do.

Wah wah should be forgotten!! ... no, not at all , but at least for kirk :D . I´ve have like hundreds from bootlegs and in the old ones he even used the wah and sounded gret althaugh the original solo wasnñt with wah (like Ride the lightning solo), but now he abuses of it!!