The Haunted ripping off themselves?

LordFireworm

May 26, 2002
Visit site
This has probably been brought up in the past, but I was listening to One Kill Wonder the other day and noticed that D.O.A's main riff is straight from Forensick (first album).
Anyone here heard the Haunted mention this in an interview?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I already posted this in the Haunted forum but seemingly no-one goes there and I genuinly want an answer as to whether or not they've acknowledged this.

Nope....it's not something i'd expect to hear them mention in an interview, unless it was pressed on them. But hey, what's new? Most thrashy bands recycle riffs all the time. A bit sad but true.

i think they recicled that riff to be able to play it live, forensick is not the kind of song to play live and that riff is so cool they must have reclicled it because of that, i think they know, it too obvious, its the exact same riff...

And it can only really be called ripping someone off if you are stealing another band's riff. They are either running out of ideas or are purposely using the same riff in that song. Entombed also has a riff that they use on three different albums, but in their case they obviously do it on purpose.

They normally copy riffs off other bands though.
The Haunted have used their own riff on two different songs.
I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just curious as to whether or not they think people will notice.