The Haunted......With Dave Lombardo......Play Reign In Blood

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
After talking on the phone with my cousin, and former Testament roadie Arthur(JD Morgan)......he reminded me of the Testament Gathering Tour(Album lineup) with The Haunted, that we were both on......Somewhere back East, during a sound check, The Haunted saw Dave Lombardo(before his return to Slayer), enter the venue, and out of reverence, started to play Reign In Blood, well Dave got a big smile on his face and jumped on stage, and replaced Per on the drum set, and they played the whole song. He was pretty amazed how good the guitar players knew the song......and how good they sounded together.....it was pretty awesome to see this impromtu performance.......In fact it was then decided that they wanted to do this song live during The Haunted next live set.....We both forget what city they did this in, but they did, and the crowd went crazy.......A special treat that was only done twice.......Thanks JD for helping me remember a moment in Metal History!

Well the Sound Check was a big surprise, I did'nt have my video camera ready, and I was working during the gig when they did it live.........I got to see it, but not record it........I Wish...........:erk:

Deadly Embrace said:
Well the Sound Check was a big surprise, I did'nt have my video camera ready, and I was working during the gig when they did it live.........I got to see it, but not record it........I Wish...........:erk:
:OMG:

:yell: GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

I DECLARE JIHAD!!!!!!!!!

Don't be scared, I'm just kidding. :Spin:

Bummer, having audio and video would have been over-the-top-beyond-cool.

a little heads up walter...dunno if this is the same one but i know there was one time where jensen and anders and lombardo jammed slayer tunes for about 15 mintues...marco was walking around and grabbed the mic and did some off Angel Of Death...scotty glore taped this, haha...my fucking videos are in bumfuck storage UGH!!!!!

Reactions: Deadly Embrace
Thrashiq said:
a little heads up walter...dunno if this is the same one but i know there was one time where jensen and anders and lombardo jammed slayer tunes for about 15 mintues...marco was walking around and grabbed the mic and did some off Angel Of Death...scotty glore taped this, haha...my fucking videos are in bumfuck storage UGH!!!!!

Where the hell have you been hiding these days, Tharsh??? Long time, wise-ass. Just kidding.

Thrashiq said:
You know Scott could of been there......& recorded that......if it was at soundcheck, at a big venue?...........But you know me, I'm getting old & can't remember alot of shit, til other people remind me........you know that huh....Tharsh?........But I'll call Scott & have him make me a copy, nice heads up........Watched Tales From The Pit(latest one).......tonight, and they make reference to you alot........"THARSH EAT BALLS!".......That was a great issue I enjoyed it a second time!