The "Hidden" Song

Innbydelse

Wielder of the 7-string
Apr 6, 2003
Portland, Oregon
Visit site
"Me and Anders had actually written an instrumenatl piece that was meant to appear on this album, but we simply didn´t have enough time to do it, which actually was a shame as this piece was fucking great! I just found it on an old tape the other day, and well...maybe it will be recorded some day! "

Mike wrote this in the Morningrise session diary.

does anyone know what this track is? or where i can find it?

I thought Mike said it was the second half of Requiem, that never showed up on the album. Funny how the half they did have on the album was split over two tracks, and you'd find out that there's yet another half...

KennonKun said:
I thought Mike said it was the second half of Requiem, that never showed up on the album. Funny how the half they did have on the album was split over two tracks, and you'd find out that there's yet another half...
Well thats a nice theory but you heard wrong... This a diffrent song and has nothing to do with Requiem... :) have a nice day

I remeber reading an old interview a few years back that said there was going to be a piano instrumental on MR but it ended up getting cut. I can't remeber where I read the interview but I rember the interviewer realy critsized MR a lot, especialy TBYF, something few interviewers ever do...

This was an instrumental that consisted of Mikael on guitar and Anders on piano. I remember Mikael telling me that the piano was out of tune, which gave the piece a very eerie, mysterious vibe. I don`t think that the piece was recorded properly (i.e. it sounded completely different), so it wouldn`t have fit on the album. PLUS, they were looking for the whole 666 playing time (does anyone remember that?) :)

F