The Holographic Universe (Album and Theory)

Had to check this out after these comments, as I've never heard Scar Symmetry. Holy shit! This will be one of my new reference CD's for sure!

Had to check this out after these comments, as I've never heard Scar Symmetry. Holy shit! This will be one of my new reference CD's for sure!

Same here.. i mean, the sounds is HUGE!
Especially the guitar tone and the vocals, i cant believe how good the vocals sound on this album.

Same here.. i mean, the sounds is HUGE!
Especially the guitar tone and the vocals, i cant believe how good the vocals sound on this album.

Exactly! And I'm just blown away with how thick those guitars are...but there's still room for all those keys. This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish on my current project. Damn if this didn't come around at the perfect time. :headbang:

wow, i haven't seen the old pro tools cards in awhile. I guess it's the mix plus system on pro tools 5?

Also, that drum room is pretty small, the drums are so close to the glass too, wonder how the cymbals turned out(hard to tell on the myspace player).

Whatever the case, the mix sounds awesome and it just makes me even more blown away when I see where they tracked it and the gear they used.

It's unreal that the album was tracked on a pair of shitty RP8s. Those are seriously some of the most awful monitors I've ever used. This album definitely highlights the importance of getting the sounds right at every point in the process...

Are you kidding me? Aside from the solos, I could've played these songs when I was 10 years old. It's 95% just big chord progressions. Have you even LISTENED to Theory in Practice? One of the most insanely technical and over the top bands of all time! I've been playing guitar for 17 years and I STILL can't play that shit!

Just adding my two cents here, but at the end of the day what really matters isn't how technical things are but how good the song is and are the musicians themselves enjoying what they do. But then again thats just my two cents. :headbang:

man i just realized something

I just heard this album for the first time when this thread was posted, but about a day or two earlier...I recorded this little idea

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6771077

:rolleyes: first track on the album

héhé :)

Are you sure you didn't hear this very specific song before ? It's been online for 3 months or something already, way before the entire album.

héhé :)

Are you sure you didn't hear this very specific song before ? It's been online for 3 months or something already, way before the entire album.

Yeah I'm sure...

If I had heard it, i would have looked into the band because i love that song.