The Iron Maidens at the Zephyr May 2nd & 3rd - anyone here going?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
I'm a big fan of the Maidens, and recommend this show! If Iron Maiden isn't available, this is your next best option - yes the gals are THAT faithful to the material and excellent musicians! Anyways, I will be flying in to see the shows (and to visit family)!

www.theironmaidens.com

Just curious if anyone here is planning on attending - so I can warn you in advance about the Toastcam of Doom!

I was reading some of the threads here and it brought back the memories of just how messed up Utah still is, and how amazing it is that metal music (and musicians) still manages to survive and in some cases even thrive despite the establishment!

Hope to see some of you at the Zephyr!
;)

BTW, what is the Zephyr like these days? How big are the crowds usually?

Hey Toast! (from coast to coast!? that rules!!!)

I'm certain that our entire band, all our freinds as well as most people from the Utah Metal group mailing list will be in attendance for this! This will be the largest gathering of metal heads the Zephyr has ever seen in over 15 years! :lol:

Once I heard about the possiblity of this happening, I was gearing myself up for it! I can't wait to see the Maidnes perform their renditions live! I'm pretty damn excited to see them live for sure!...so what is the Toastcam of doom? :D

The Zephyr is mostly an alternative/folk/blues music club these days... I'm actually suprised the Maidens are booked their! It's going to be sweet seeing how they have an excellent system and set-up there.... and it's a 30 block-straight shot from our studio! :)

From your reaction to the way things are in Utah, you must have lived here at one time or another ;) When are you coming into town anyway? If you have any freetime and want to hang, feel free to contact us! Were usualy the welcome wagon for any out-of-town metal heads.:D

\m/
Dustin

NP: Raven - Lifes A Bitch

Dustin said:
Hey Toast! (from coast to coast!? that rules!!!)

(snip)

From your reaction to the way things are in Utah, you must have lived here at one time or another ;) When are you coming into town anyway? If you have any freetime and want to hang, feel free to contact us! Were usualy the welcome wagon for any out-of-town metal heads.:D

\m/
Dustin

NP: Raven - Lifes A Bitch

Hey man!

I'll be in earlier that week, and definitely wouldn't mind hanging with you guys. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've done the Utah club scene - I forgot all about that 'members only' thing...

Anyone here remember the Speedway Cafe? I was there when Fates Warning played the Speedway... so many memories!

Oh yeah, the Toastcam thing... I like taking LOTS of pictures!

ltjr.jpg

A shot from the Toastcam at the Maiden's New Years' Eve gig-
Linda, myself, Jen, and Redshirt

The Jesterman said:
I remember Raceway. I went and seen Overkill there years and years ago. I remember sneaking in, cuz I was still to young to get in legally. How bout Rafters? That place was a shit hole wasn't it?

I still have a shirt from that Overkill show...

I saw Vinnie Moore, Heir Apparent, and a couple of other band at Rafters. I was also there when the fire marshall closed the club just before Killer Dwarfs were able to take the stage - talk about aggravating!

:zombie: okay you guys are making me really envious now...:saint:

I grew up in Ogden and was to young to go to any of those gigs and had no transporation to get to Salt Lake... I missed a shitload of great shows, and have to hear bout these shows from my own band members!

Heir Apperent!?! DUDE!!!! I loved that band!
I remember want wanting to see Fates when they played there...back when they had Dibiasi and Aresti in the band! Helstar, Savatage, Vicious Rumors... you name it, I missed it!:cry:

Hey guys... If you Saw Overkill at the Raceway, I think You saw our guitarist Curtis's old band Arbitrator open for them! :D or at least I think that was the show...:err:

Rafters was a bit of a shithole, but a great bar non-the-less...I always wanted to know what the deal was with that damn pole in the middle of the stage! I remember Dream Theater shoting some of their "pull me under" video there.... you knew it was Rafters becasue of that annoying POLE in the middle of the stage.:yuk:

...Unfortuantely Rafters is no longer... it was torn down three years ago, and now has an office comlex where it once stood. The speeday is still up, but is now an R & B/rap club called Fusion....

I sure wish I could have experinced all the good times back in the day, but I guess your stories will have to do!
:headbang:

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
:zombie: okay you guys are making me really envious now...:saint:

I grew up in Ogden and was to young to go to any of those gigs and had no transporation to get to Salt Lake... I missed a shitload of great shows, and have to hear bout these shows from my own band members!

Heir Apperent!?! DUDE!!!! I loved that band!
I remember want wanting to see Fates when they played there...back when they had Dibiasi and Aresti in the band! Helstar, Savatage, Vicious Rumors... you name it, I missed it!:cry:

Hey guys... If you Saw Overkill at the Raceway, I think You saw our guitarist Curtis's old band Arbitrator open for them! :D or at least I think that was the show...:err:

(snip)

I sure wish I could have experinced all the good times back in the day, but I guess your stories will have to do!
:headbang:

\m/
Dustin

I think I still have an Arbitrator cassette somewhere - and yes I remember them playing. There was another band out of Ogden - Black Ivory - but last I heard they disbanded and have become parents and such... (heard this from the SO of one of the band members).

I also saw Fates Warning with Dream Theater at Saltair - and have vivid memories of driving through a snowstorm to get to this gig. That was the the only time so far I have experienced what lightning looks like in a snowstorm- everything goes green for a second - very eerie! Awesome show too!

Ahh, Helstar, another awesome gig. I feel for you man! But now you are from that famous metal band from behind the Zion Curtain, so I think that makes up for it!
;)

I recently picked up a CD from another Utah band - Hourglass (www.hourglassband.com), and I hope they fill their empty slots and do some dates this year!

Heir Apparent is still plugging away. If you are interested, go to www.heirapparent.com for the latest news on these guys!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Maidens gig! I'm all for hooking up earlier in the week if your schedule allows too!
:D

While I'm not a real big fan of Maiden, I would like to check out a bunch of chicks playing their tunes. that would be very interesting, hell it would be better than staring at Bruce Dickinson's ugly face for 2 hours.

Mr Toast said:
I think I still have an Arbitrator cassette somewhere - and yes I remember them playing. There was another band out of Ogden - Black Ivory - but last I heard they disbanded and have become parents and such... (heard this from the SO of one of the band members).

I also saw Fates Warning with Dream Theater at Saltair - and have vivid memories of driving through a snowstorm to get to this gig. That was the the only time so far I have experienced what lightning looks like in a snowstorm- everything goes green for a second - very eerie! Awesome show too!

Ahh, Helstar, another awesome gig. I feel for you man! But now you are from that famous metal band from behind the Zion Curtain, so I think that makes up for it!
;)

I recently picked up a CD from another Utah band - Hourglass (http://www.hourglassband.com), and I hope they fill their empty slots and do some dates this year!

Heir Apparent is still plugging away. If you are interested, go to http://www.heirapparent.com for the latest news on these guys!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Maidens gig! I'm all for hooking up earlier in the week if your schedule allows too!
:D

Oh yeah.... I'll never forget driving in that ugly shit-storm after the DT/Fates show at Saltaire! That was the worst snow I have ever drivin' in!!!

I haven't heard Hourglass yet, but I have hear a lot about them! I know our guitarist Trevor was trying to set them up with a freind that plays bass... but it seems to have fell through. I definatly need to check Hourglass out for sure! I agree, Hopefully they can revitalize their line-up and start paying some shows here soon! It's good to have another prog band here!

Before you fly out to Salt Lake, drop me an email on how long your going to be in town and I'll give you all my contact info!

\m/
Dustin

Ruined Luna said:
Ooh crikey. I might have to get myself to this gig.

Friday & Saturday? Which night(s) ya thinkin' of going, Dustin?

I would be very disapointed if you missed this show ol' boy!

BTW... here's for Ironic, Mr. Toast? meet Katagory V's British side-kick, Mr. Luna... he happens to be one of the forum moderators for the real Iron Maiden!:D ain't that weird?

It looks like a Huge crowd of us are going to go on Satruday for sure! Me and some of the other guys inthe band might pop into the club early Friday to welcome them to Salt Lake.

\m/
Dustin

Deatheadrummer said:
While I'm not a real big fan of Maiden, I would like to check out a bunch of chicks playing their tunes. that would be very interesting, hell it would be better than staring at Bruce Dickinson's ugly face for 2 hours.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well.... I'm a huge fan of Maiden, and would give my left testy to see them live... I will admit, seeing the lovely Maidens instead would be much more easier on the eyes! :saint::p

\m/
Dustin

Dustin said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well.... I'm a huge fan of Maiden, and would give my left testy to see them live... I will admit, seeing the lovely Maidens instead would be much more easier on the eyes! :saint::p

\m/
Dustin

Easier on the eyes? Apparantly you haven't seen "Live After Death"-Check out the package on Bruce! j/k

I am a real HUGE fan of Iron Maiden and Killers, but the Bruce era just don't do much for me. Guess it's cuz I got more of a punk/thrash metal background than what Maiden did in later years. I miss that pure raw energy that the first two albums had to them. Di'anno is still THE singer for Maiden as far as I'm concerned.
Really though, as far as the NWOBHM stuff goes, I prefer Venom, Angel Witch, Diamond Head and Witchfinder General over Maiden, or even Saxon and Motorhead.

Tarkus said:
Easier on the eyes? Apparantly you haven't seen "Live After Death"-Check out the package on Bruce! j/k

:lol: mmmm... I don't want to even think about that:zombie:! I've seen "Live after Death" and it's a classic live Maiden vid... but I would prefer to look at the Iron maidens (the lovely female tribute group!) than reflect on ol' Bruce's spandex enormity :yuk:

\m/
Dustin