The Itch

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
I always thought off this song as a throwaway before, but I realized now it's actually pretty damn good. The little rhythm under the "systematic violence.." part is just so addictive. Well.. discuss :p

In my opinion like Journey Through Pressure this track needs certain circumstances to be really good. Then it is. It is a song capable of giving you this light headed yet leadened feeling of a fever while.. feeling/doing something in the spirit of the song.

Yet what I find difficult is to really look through the lyrics as in most of TGCD. But I think that was precisely what Jonas wanted so never mind :D

The Itch has - along with Increase - grown into one of the best songs on TGCD. I like the brutal, relatively unmelodic chorus, and the verses and the calm instrumental are really atmospheric - pure Katatonia.

I like The Itch, it has grown on me too, but the chorus still kinda kills my enjoyment a bit, especially after that amazing 2:24 - 2:56 part

But the end riff is awesome.

I almost like Journey Through Pressure a bit more, cause everytime I hear it I can see "symbolical scenes" in my head, which are pretty special. I also like the cold and distant sound of that one.

Am I the only one who considers TGCD to be a disappointment... :( Okay, Journey through pressure, Rusted + few other tracks kick ass but after the b-sides of My twin I was so anxious to hear this record and had to face the fact that almost none of the songs on the album are nearly as good as Dissolving bonds and Displaced. The Itch is okay though.