The Itch

Well writing a song better than Dissolving Bonds is quite a task ;)

I consider it a very good, yet different album. It took some time to get me to accept it and now it has it's place.

I think it's because the works done with the rythm guitar, but I dunno.

Divatkreació;6642221 said:
Am I the only one who considers TGCD to be a disappointment... :( Okay, Journey through pressure, Rusted + few other tracks kick ass but after the b-sides of My twin I was so anxious to hear this record and had to face the fact that almost none of the songs on the album are nearly as good as Dissolving bonds and Displaced.

Agreed. While none of the tracks are bad by any means they just don't grab me. Add unfurl to the list of better b-sides than album tracks.

there are lots of phantastic songs on TGCD with July being my clear favourite. it's even my favourite Kata song. The Itch is ok, Journey is great, but a bit too short for my taste

Oh yes, I forgot Unfurl. Because of that song I have higher hopes for Katatonia's future releases. And yeah, epic it truly is but frosty... The 5 earlier ones were fucking fridges. This one's a bit too sterile and less despairing then the previous albums.

From Discouraged Ones to Last Fair Deal Gone Down and even to parts of Viva Emptiness Katatonia has (for me) always made music that had, under they obvious melancholic, depressed, dark and whatever appropiate adjective one can come up with, a certain quantity of warmth that made the music even more special than it was already.

That went away on The Great Cold Distance but hey, look at the title... still it was a bit of a shock, like when you suddenly discover that your room you've lived in for years suddenly looks very, very cold.